Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This realtor...

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:21 PM
  • 8 Replies

She walks inside and did not call before coming. She said our floor was dirty and when I told her to look at her shoes, she did, but did not apologize for leaving the dirt trail.

She said our home needed some cosmetic woek and a wall needed to be removed to create an open floor plan. Then she asked what our nationalities were. I said I am not Russian if thats what you mean. (she had a Russian accent).

She tried to be intimidating and acted as if she really thought she had the upperhand. In reality we already have an offer on the house and we own our home outright, no lender. I guess that means we have the upperhand.

Well my point is she was just really rude and tried to look in my dresser drawers. I know that is going too far, so I stopped her and said, " if you show me your underwear I will let you look in my drawer." I guess they won't be making an offer.

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
bluebunnybabe
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh yeah, I would have kicked her right out! I love how you handled the underwear!
JackieGirl007
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:23 PM

What a shit realtor. Good luck, and congrats on owning your home! How did you do that??? You look young.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Holy fuck, how did you stay calm? I would have lost it on the dirt trail, but to look in your drawers?!?!?!?! I would be livid.

j3st3r
by Jedi on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Yuck!  I hate when Realtors try to intimidate homeowners.  My cousin has had some doozies walk through her house.

VannaMae307
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow, I wouldn't have even let her make it to the underwear drawer if she had tracked dirt in my house. You handled it well though!

B1Bomber
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:25 PM

I'm confused...you are selling your house and a buyer's agent let herself in and acted unprofessionally?

pennyvan
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I would report her to her broker or the board of realtors she has no right to invade your privacy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:32 PM

LMAO!  That was really a good comeback.

It never ceases to amaze me how inconsiderate some realtors can be. Your home is just a product to them and they forget families live in the home.  We had a realtor who called and said she was bringing clients by between 5-6pm. Not a big deal. We went out to dinner and stayed away from our home for several hours.  At 11:30pm that night we were in bed, just starting to fall asleep, and I hear a knock on the door. Before I can spring out of bed she is inside our home with her clients. She yells upstairs that her clients had to work late so they are just making it over to look.  The realtor and the wife were looking at the kitchen, but the husband had no problem trotting up the stairs to look at the bedrooms. 

Quoting idee:

Well my point is she was just really rude and tried to look in my dresser drawers. I know that is going too far, so I stopped her and said, " if you show me your underwear I will let you look in my drawer." I guess they won't be making an offer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)