Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bedwetter

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:22 PM
  • 34 Replies

Anyone else have a child that still wets the bed?  DD is 8 (almost 9!) and is still wet almost every night. We've tried all the usual things - waking her up, limiting fluids (and even giving her lots to drink just before bed) - nothing worked.  Her doctor's not concerned yet.

She still wears a diaper at night to keep the bed dry.  Fortunately she doesn't mind, and would rather wear a diaper than wash her bedding every day (she has that choice).  Does anyone else have a bedwetter still in diapers or pull-ups?

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chrissywissy
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:24 PM

My 9yo son still does, but he has an innocent heart murmur which has caused issues with his bladder.

ToniTennille
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:26 PM

I wet my bed til I was 12yo. It's an actual medical condition. I would talk to your child pediatrician about it. Good luck to you and yours! Everything will be fine don't stress it. ;)

sarah824
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:28 PM

DS is almost 9 and still wets the bed on occasion. He would NEVER wear a diaper and since it is a once or month thing or less I would never even bring it up. We just wash the sheets and move on. We have tried everything to make it stop and there is no "secret" we have found that causes it. It just happens.

eb415
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Quoting sarah824:

DS is almost 9 and still wets the bed on occasion. He would NEVER wear a diaper and since it is a once or month thing or less I would never even bring it up. We just wash the sheets and move on. We have tried everything to make it stop and there is no "secret" we have found that causes it. It just happens.

That makes sense, and if it were just once a month of so for us I'd just wash the sheets.  She wets pretty much every nightl, and is very rarely dry, so that would be a lot of laundry.

I realize most kids would object to a diaper, but I guess we're lucky she doesn't mind wearing one.

eb415
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Quoting ToniTennille:

I wet my bed til I was 12yo. It's an actual medical condition. I would talk to your child pediatrician about it. Good luck to you and yours! Everything will be fine don't stress it. ;)

Thanks!  We're not too stressed about it.  Laundry is what makes it stressful for me, and the diapers do a good job at reducing that.

And the doctor's not concerned for a couple more years.  There are some medications we could try, but we'd rather not go down that route.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:38 PM
My son is 7 and still does if I don't make him go pee before he gets into bed
ToniTennille
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Well that's good then! :) Just keep doing what you're doing then. You got this Mama! Definitely let her bladder mature on it's own as you really don't want to do medication unless absolutely needed. ;)

Quoting eb415:

Quoting ToniTennille:

Thanks!  We're not too stressed about it.  Laundry is what makes it stressful for me, and the diapers do a good job at reducing that.

And the doctor's not concerned for a couple more years.  There are some medications we could try, but we'd rather not go down that route.

eb415
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Oh, we make her pee before bed too.  Doesn't really help, though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:49 PM
I think she will grow out of it

Quoting eb415:

Quoting Anonymous:

eb415
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:54 PM

I hope so - sometimes it seems like I'm the only one still changing diapers on an 8yo, though.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think she will grow out of it

Quoting eb415:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)