Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OH CRAP!!!!!! I NEED HELP!!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 29 Replies
My daughter has been playing an online game for a couple weeks and now she is glued to the friggin computer, day and night!!!!! This whole situation just got worse!!!! Now if I tell her to get off the computer she flips the hell out and starts crying and freaking out!!!! Now, she has been with her Dad, he plays the game and got her hooked on it. She's back with me now and I have to deal with this crap!!!! She has new "friends" on this game that are female and male, so they say and they are all older than her!!!! I think she has exchanged names and states with a few people!!!!!!! PLEASE HELP, WHAT DO I DO??????????
Added info: daughter is 9 years old and he let her stay on the computer til 1 or 2 o'clock in the morning, unsupervised at times!!!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:26 PM
5 moms liked this

unplug and take away the computer

are you the adult or is she?

2Sparrows4ever
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:28 PM
TAKE IT AWAY, cut the internet connection off at night if you have to, YOU are the PARENT
HappySquirrel
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:28 PM
Set time limits for the game. A couple hours in the evenings on certain days when you can be nearby to keep an eye on her. Let her throw a fit and stick to the set times.
Decemberlov
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Remember....if your kids get mad at you, you're soing something right.

Of course she's not going to like it but you're the adult. Set strick time limits/schedule where you can supervise and stick to it. If you stray from it once she will expect it.

jarkrt
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:30 PM
Ummmm you are the parent. Set limits. Let her pitch a fit. Tell her if she pitches a fit she will lose a whole day tomorrow of playing privileges.

What game is she playing?
rgba
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:31 PM
Yes, this.

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColtsFan1912
by FriendoftheFoot on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Take away the computer. Completly.

Pnukey
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Quoting peanutsmommy1:

Yep, this. Honestly, OP. If she flips out, then it'll just be longer until she gets it back.

supercarp
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Which game is it? I was hooked on one like that for over 2 years. I'm cured now.

sfigu16
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:32 PM

who is the parent? You or her?! Take the computer away!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)