Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ALL NURSES/DOCTORS HELP! PLEASE! - maybe a little tmi but need advice preg. with twins thanks

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:29 PM
  • 10 Replies

So I am almost 29 weeks preg, with twins. And the morning sickness has been totally gone for a while. Until today. I ended up feeling really super sick, got in the shower and sat on the floor of it letting the water hit me, and then I puked. No I like PROJECTILE VOMITED. About 10 times... In the space of maybe 15 minutes or less.

Is this normal? What would cause that? I haven't eaten anything I am not supposed too. I haven't eaten anything that tasted funny or weird. Babies seem fine they have been moving around good. Should I call the doctor or should I just try and relax and wait it out? Should I take an anti nausea pill, (have some left over from early on the the pregnancy) that are safe for pregnancy or should I just maybe put myself on the brat diet for today? Bananas/Rice/Applesauce/Toast?

thanks sorry for the visual.

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomTo5Almost
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Bump

thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Do you not have a real doctor to seek advice from? I wouldst worry about it unless it lasts.
MomTo5Almost
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:32 PM

bump

rgba
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Could be pending labor, could be a bug,could be nothing. Call your doctor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MomTo5Almost
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:32 PM

I do but I am worried he might think I am being silly. I mean do you call the dr for this? I dunno if I should or look stupid if I do. Or what.

Quoting thenameshailie:

Do you not have a real doctor to seek advice from? I wouldst worry about it unless it lasts.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:34 PM
I would call your ob and just let them know what's going on and also ask about the medicine you're wanting to take. The brat diet sounds like a good idea for today. In case you get sick again, you won't have anything to heavy in your stomach. Hope you feel better soon!! : )
thenameshailie
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:36 PM
It doesn't hurt to ask and its always better to be safe rather than sorry. This is the doctors job and he is paid well to do it. Besides, you'll just be speaking with his nurse anyways and I bet they've heard some really stupid questions. Id call if I were concerned about anything.

Quoting MomTo5Almost:

I do but I am worried he might think I am being silly. I mean do you call the dr for this? I dunno if I should or look stupid if I do. Or what.

Quoting thenameshailie:

opal10161973
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:43 PM

It could be something as simple as the babies are pressing against your stomach and the food won't stay down, since it doesn't have anywhere to go, but up and out.  So, try the BRAT diet and eat small amounts and sip small amounts of water and see if that helps.  This may just be how you have to eat for the remainder of your pregnancy, not necessarily the BRAT diet, but small amounts more often.  If it doesn't seem to work, then definitely call the Dr and see what they recommend. 

vetNmommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:45 PM

You could have a simple bug, or just having morning sickness again without all the ickyness feeling.  I had my twins at 29 weeks due to pre e and Hellp syndrome.  I had horrible morning sickness at the start (I lost 23 pounds) You can call your PCM and see what they say. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:53 PM

CM is last place you should come to for advice on anything!  Call your regular doctor, I am sure he/she has heard sillier complaints. 

Quoting MomTo5Almost:

Quoting thenameshailie:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)