Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how would you feel? *ETA* *ETA#2*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
If you found out your husband set up hidden cameras in the house so that he could spy on you while he's at work? *eta* when I originally find the camera, I confronted him and he said it didn't even work. Fast forward several months, I mentioned it again, and his story changed. He now admitted he wanted to see what was going on and that he watched our kids misbehave. What really bothers me is that he had it hooked up to a computer, so who knows how many people came across it and saw my kid and myself undressed. ***so I just got home and saw all of the replies! I want to answer questions, but I can't keep up. So I'll answer as many as I can here. This happened about 5 months ago. I'm not sure if it's still happening, but I wouldn't be surprised. I'm still with him because I want the house, and I need to come up with my own income to do that. My kids deserve to stay in their home, I don't want to have to move them again. (we've moved a lot) so at the moment I'm kind of stuck. I plan on unplugging all of the computers tomorrow and I'll watch his reaction when he gets home to see if he's checking them immediately. If he is, then I'll go from there to find the dang camera. And as someone said I should do, I plan on smashing the crap out of the camera with a hammer!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Replies (151-158):
HappySquirrel
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 9:59 AM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2013 at 11:49 AM
Thank you everyone for your replies. I'm going to set up a consultation with a lawyer today just to get an idea of my options. My mom has suggested I go to social services and find out what resources are available to me so that I can get a divorce. At this point I'm pretty sure my phone had been messed with. I put it on the charger before bed so that it will be fully charged in the morning. Well this morning it was only charged to around 60 percent, so I think he was on my phone while I was asleep.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 25, 2013 at 12:17 PM

FYI, you don't need a computer to see camera feed nowadays.  You can do it from any smartphone or tablet or computer elsewhere if he brought a web camera.  You do have to have wifi or internet connected to it though.

didavis
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:20 PM

I have read through the first 4 pages of comments.  I would like to say that there are bits and pieces missing from your story. You aren't saying WHY he did place the cameras, I mean, he had to have a reason. Secondly, I don't see why people are so angry about this. This is his home and he is entitled to have cameras in it. Maybe you are getting the wrong idea. I don't have anything to hide, so why would I care if my hubby placed cameras? If I was in a similar situation, I don't think I would divorce, nor would I really give a crap about cameras in the house. 

didavis
by on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you everyone for your replies. I'm going to set up a consultation with a lawyer today just to get an idea of my options. My mom has suggested I go to social services and find out what resources are available to me so that I can get a divorce. At this point I'm pretty sure my phone had been messed with. I put it on the charger before bed so that it will be fully charged in the morning. Well this morning it was only charged to around 60 percent, so I think he was on my phone while I was asleep.

Am I missing something here? Do you have something to hide? If not, then why is it such a big deal. I mean, who cares if your spouse is checking up on you; if you don't have anything to hide, then check away. I mean, you are acting like a spouse that is cheating. Why else would you care if your hubby has cameras and is going through your stuff? If it was my hubby, I would tell him to check away, I don't have anything to hide. You have had to have done something to cause this behavior.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 25, 2013 at 10:41 PM
Actually I did nothing to provoke this. At the time it happened I was stuck at home for several months. I had a newborn who I couldn't take out because the air quality was terrible and the temperatures were in the teens (and that was in a good day). The reason I'm so angry about it is because he did it without my knowledge, then lied about it. I have nothing to hide, but I also deserve respect and privacy. Nobody should record you without your permission. Who knows how many people possibly saw it, and I may not have been dressed half the time.

Quoting didavis:

Quoting Anonymous:

Am I missing something here? Do you have something to hide? If not, then why is it such a big deal. I mean, who cares if your spouse is checking up on you; if you don't have anything to hide, then check away. I mean, you are acting like a spouse that is cheating. Why else would you care if your hubby has cameras and is going through your stuff? If it was my hubby, I would tell him to check away, I don't have anything to hide. You have had to have done something to cause this behavior.

jenniferv27
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Do a reset on it out take it to ur provider. They can block all that stuff from your phone

Quoting Anonymous:

I've wondered if my phone has been messed with. I'm pretty sure it has.

Quoting tiredmama42:

Its considered stalking.  Does not matter you are married.  Your phones are probably tapped also and watch your computer.. may have a program to get your passwords.  Obviously he has issues.

shaiorta
by on Jul. 29, 2013 at 10:28 AM

WOW.... Creeper. Kick his ass Out!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)