Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

how would you feel? *ETA* *ETA#2*

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
If you found out your husband set up hidden cameras in the house so that he could spy on you while he's at work? *eta* when I originally find the camera, I confronted him and he said it didn't even work. Fast forward several months, I mentioned it again, and his story changed. He now admitted he wanted to see what was going on and that he watched our kids misbehave. What really bothers me is that he had it hooked up to a computer, so who knows how many people came across it and saw my kid and myself undressed. ***so I just got home and saw all of the replies! I want to answer questions, but I can't keep up. So I'll answer as many as I can here. This happened about 5 months ago. I'm not sure if it's still happening, but I wouldn't be surprised. I'm still with him because I want the house, and I need to come up with my own income to do that. My kids deserve to stay in their home, I don't want to have to move them again. (we've moved a lot) so at the moment I'm kind of stuck. I plan on unplugging all of the computers tomorrow and I'll watch his reaction when he gets home to see if he's checking them immediately. If he is, then I'll go from there to find the dang camera. And as someone said I should do, I plan on smashing the crap out of the camera with a hammer!
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Replies (31-40):
tiredmama42
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:50 PM

You dont hace to do anything "wrong" to deserve being treated like a prisoner.  He is the one with the issue and its not normal.  I had a new baby too.  Hope this is the only "control" issue he is showing and I hope it dont get worse.  Its scary and creepy.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've wondered if my phone has been messed with. I'm pretty sure it has.

Quoting tiredmama42:

Its considered stalking.  Does not matter you are married.  Your phones are probably tapped also and watch your computer.. may have a program to get your passwords.  Obviously he has issues.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:51 PM

serious trust issues there.

where was the camera?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:51 PM
I should add that my at the time 5 year old found it. She said "mommy, what's that red flashing light?" I looked over, and that's when I found the camera.

Quoting Anonymous:

It was hooked up under the tray on the tread mill, facing the living room, and also facing my bedroom door.

Quoting smurfbitebug:

Where was it. Just curious.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:52 PM
I feel extremely violated!

Quoting krissy920:

i think thats  beyond messed up..  secretly  recording you  is a violation i feel.. id feel violated, and disturbed.

lifeglow
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:53 PM
This just made me paranoid *checks house for hidden camera*
DIVORCE!
katemckenzie
by Kate on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Well, I do have kids to take care of...

He assumed I was being lazy because I wouldn't have the house sparking clean all the time. After he got to stay home with them for a few days, he understood, and stopped nagging me about it. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Even if you DID sleep all day... who cares. I would have been pissed lol

Quoting katemckenzie:

I'd be pretty damn pissed.
DF used to threaten to do that, because he thought I just sat around and slept all day, and didn't believe that DS misbehaves as much as he does. 

motherslove82
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I would be pissed.

LilliesValley
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I'd wonder if he wondered about my parenting why he couldn't just have a conversation with me. I'd want to know where all the cameras were and if I was naked in any of the shots and I'd want access to everything as far as a computer goes where they are stored. To me this is a trust and communication issue that would desperately need to be addressed quickly.

rgba
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:00 PM
2 moms liked this
I would probably call the police, and file for emergency custody of my children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smurfbitebug
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:01 PM
This post is making my skin crawl.. but at least it wasn't in a kid's room. That's the only thing I can say, really. Ick...
Why do some dudes think a woman isn't doing enough when he isn't there? It's weird. It's like wouldn't you be able to tell that nothing was being done? Seriously. There are chores done. The kids are alive, fed, cleaned.. wtf do they really think is going on? Wtf do they really want?

Quoting Anonymous:

It was hooked up under the tray on the tread mill, facing the living room, and also facing my bedroom door.

Quoting smurfbitebug:

Where was it. Just curious.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)