• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ex mother in law called me crying

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 83 Replies
1 mom liked this
My divorce was final a couple weeks ago.Even though i begged him to do visits he decided he didnt want any.I guess his family didnt know.He lives with his mom so any time he had ds(like 3 times) she got to see him.well apparently she asked when the next time my son was going to come over and he said he's not coming back because he gave me soul custody.she called begging me to see him and was crying.i feel terrible i never intended to keep anyone from ds and she thinks i am.:( she is coming to get ds next week(he is 7 months) for a couple hours
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
motherslove82
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:38 PM
5 moms liked this

Let her see him. At least he will know that some part of that side of his family cares about him. I would make sure she knows that it was HER son that chose not to see him. She shouldn't think that you are trying to keep the child from her or her son.

owl0210
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Explain to her what your ex-husband is doing. My ex-MIL takes my son a few times a year for a week at a time. It's important to help foster a relationship between them.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:44 PM

My nephews father is a douchebag like that. But my SIL never once stopped taking him to see his grandparents. And now the dad is even estranged from them as well. He's a whole lot of crazy though. Do your best to encourage that relationship to continue even if dad sucks. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Not your responisiblity for anything to do with his mother.  YOu got sole custody  keep it and keep everyone on his side away.

AllofFive19
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Poor MIL. Talk to her, and let her know that you're not going to keep the kids from her. 

katemckenzie
by Kate on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:45 PM

That's so sad. Make sure she knows that it wasn't your decision, it was his.
He deserves a relationship with both sides of his family. Shame on his father for trying to hinder that. 

AMRios
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:45 PM
1 mom liked this

That is so nice of you... 

dommad2
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:47 PM
5 moms liked this
Ug I would strangle my child if he gave up his child like that!! I'm glad you were able to come to an arrangement with her. The more living family that surrounds a child the better his chances of success.

Well done mama!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:47 PM
1 mom liked this

very sad. I think you are doing the right thing. I would talk with her and assure her that this is on him, not you. maybe the two of you can work something out so that she can still be a part of your son's life. Shame on the father for not stepping up. 

supercarp
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 3:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Let her fight with her son about this. He sounds like a dick.

You can keep a good relationship with her. The more people in your son's life to love and support him the better :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)