Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am quite obviously in the wrong line of work.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies

A friend of mine is mostly a SAHM.  She is also a realtor.  She sold two houses this month.  Her commision was over $18k.  HOLY CRAP.  I am gonna go work for her.  LOL.  Her husband is a lawyer.  They make bank and live in an upscale neighborhood.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this

You have to either know a lot of people or be willing to invest a lot of money into marketing. 

Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:04 PM
Lol I wish I had the mindset to be a realtor... actually I wish I had the mentality to have any "work at home" job lol
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:07 PM

She has been doing it for a long time.  She sells 1 or 2 a month and is good.  Most of her business is word of mouth. 

Quoting quickbooksworm:

You have to either know a lot of people or be willing to invest a lot of money into marketing. 

quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Some people do well, but you do have to put out money.  The class costs around $800, the state exam $400, plus the background check and fingerprints you have to submit.  Once you have your license, you have to find an office because in most states you have to work under a broker and can't take the broker's exam until you have been in sales for 2 years.  So I worked under Coldwell Banker and charged me $400/mo for my office space, telephones, a receptionist, and all the stationary I could use, plus a profile on their website.  Then you have to join the NAR, the FAR, and the county association of realtors, which was about $1000 per year.  I stayed a few months then went into property management because it was more regular income.  Good move on my part because shortly after, the sales market crashed.

Quoting Anonymous:

She has been doing it for a long time.  She sells 1 or 2 a month and is good.  Most of her business is word of mouth. 

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)