Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever felt like you're being watched?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

I am going to post this and leave it here. Yes, it will eventually get deleted.

www.twitter.com/TRENDnetEXPOSED

This is the result of people getting nanny cams, security cameras, store surveillance cameras, etc and not putting up a PASSWORD! These are the kinds of cameras that can be viewed via cell phone, iPad, laptop, whatever. 

This group likes to throw around the term 'conspiracy theory' but I think in this case, if someone thinks they're being watched by a STRANGER on the internet, they'd be right. 

These cameras are in living rooms, KID bedrooms, store fronts, bars, the front desk of a medical office, storage rooms....

This is the main page of the links:

pastebin.com/8trKWxgQ

Before anyone says "you're creepy" or "stalker much?" or your other popular cafemom phrases, I do not sit around and watch these cameras, I know what they are from others' descriptions and the twitter account.The purpose of posting this is to HELP some of you that I KNOW have mentioned you have security cameras, especially in your CHILDREN'S bedrooms! Just because THIS brand/company was figured out does NOT mean you are immune to the problem yourself. PUT A PASSWORD ON YOUR CAMERAS!!!!!

Just because it's not immediately obvious where these locations are, doesn't mean someone who knew what they were doing couldn't do a quick IP check, since most of these cameras are registered to users in order for them to be viewed on their cell phones or whatever.

And don't ask me how I came across this, either. If you know already, great. If you didn't, use it to protect yourself. That's all. And bump for info for others, I know daytime is kinda slow here.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2Sparrows4ever
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:16 PM
They're ALWAYS watching..................
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:20 PM

You didn't look at the link, did you? It has descriptions next to each cam's IP. So yeah, someone had to be watching them to know what they are. I'm not really being goofy, I'm trying to tell everyone how important it is to keep themselves secure.

Quoting 2Sparrows4ever:

2Sparrows4ever
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:23 PM
No and I don't want to either

Quoting Anonymous:

You didn't look at the link, did you? It has descriptions next to each cam's IP. So yeah, someone had to be watching them to know what they are. I'm not really being goofy, I'm trying to tell everyone how important it is to keep themselves secure.

Quoting 2Sparrows4ever:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Not surprised.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:29 PM

I'm so confused.

so if you have cameras set up in your house (security, nanny cams that kind of thing) and you don't use a password, anyone can hack into it? 

Anonandon
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:31 PM

you can be hacked with a password as well, it's just easier without.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm so confused.

so if you have cameras set up in your house (security, nanny cams that kind of thing) and you don't use a password, anyone can hack into it? 

surromama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:31 PM
I always feel like I'm being watched and act like it. There are cameras everywhere now. I hate it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:36 PM

well glad we only have security cams outside. 

Quoting Anonandon:

you can be hacked with a password as well, it's just easier without.

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm so confused.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Anyone can hack into anything if they really want to. The point of sharing this post is because these people did NOT put passwords on their nanny cams/surveillance cams/whatever cams. AT ALL. And a glitch or something in the company's software has now made these accessible to ANYONE.

It is also common knowledge what the default name/password combo is. So if yours is admin/admin or admin/password, CHANGE IT. 

Putting a password on your security cam makes it a lot easier for some joe schmoe online to watch you. The locations aren't broadcasted on the stream. But if someone really wanted to, they could look up the ISP for the camera, since most of them have to be registered in order to view through a cell phone or ipad or whatever. So it may seem like "this could be anyone, who cares?" but someone with the right tools could see something they "want", and track it down. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm so confused.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:40 PM
me too but now we know it's not just the NSA and government that can be the ones watching.
Quoting surromama:

I always feel like I'm being watched and act like it. There are cameras everywhere now. I hate it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)