Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dental insurance.

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:24 PM
  • 5 Replies
As most know, the military doesn't have a good dental insurance for dependants. They pay 20%. It's better than nothing, but still leaves the dental bill high. My 7 year old is not my husbands, her father lives in Georgia. He is required to keep insurance on her, but I am having a hard time getting him to find an insurance. Any suggestions? He says Medicaid like his other kids have, but I believe you have to live in the state to qualify.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
MinglingMom
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Yes, you do have to live in the state to qualify. Where I live (Texas), you can't get dental insurance just for your kid(s). You have to have an individual plan and then add your kid(s) to it. I don't know if that would be the same where you are though.

Closet_Case
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:30 PM
You can file for medicaid in your state, it doesnt have to be in the fathers state and you can file it as secondary to tricare.
macysmom
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:31 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JTROX
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:32 PM

If he can't provide it for his other kids, I don't know how he's going to provide it for yours.

Dental bills are sooo expensive.  We have dental insurance, but it's crap, but at least it helps a little.  

Good luck with finding something. 

mes_deux_amours
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:36 PM
I'm not sure. We have dental through my husbands work (just went to the dentist today). We get free dental visits every 6 months. Free X-rays once a year. Then we pay a percent, I think it's 30% for procedures.

I don't know about state aid.

Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)