Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I left my little sister in a hot car today...

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:40 PM
  • 21 Replies
1 mom liked this

Because she is dumb as a bag of rocks!

To be clear, by 'little sister' I mean, adult sister who is younger than I am. 

We both have to get monthly allergy shots, so sometimes we ride together to the clinic since it is a bit out of our way.  Today was one of those days.  My kids are all at daycare, but her 14 month old was with us.  My nephew fell asleep in the car on the way there, so when we pulled up I said id wait while she went in, and then we could switch so the baby can sleep.  She said we did not have time to wait through the line twice and he would be fine in car since she found a shady spot.  We argued the point for a minute and finally she threw her hands up and got Ty out of his seat and brought him in with us. 

Once we got back in the car she spent the entire ride home bitching at me about how grumpy he is going to be because I cut his nap short and we were only gone for 12 minutes.  

When we got back to my car she was STILL going on about how ""over protective"" I was being and talking about bubble wrapping kids, so I said fine, turn your car off, get in the back seat and put your seatbelt on.  Don't move for 12 minutes and if you are still having fun at the end of that ill never say another word to you about 'child safety' .   She was parked in the sun and it was a pleasant temperature outside. 

Ty and I hung out in the AC in my car while my sister sat in her backseat making snarky facebook posts.

AT 8 minutes she was sweating bullets, and at 10 minutes she decided to give up and tried to get out of the car, but the child locks were on the door and she started freaking out.  I let her sweat it out for about 30 more seconds before I opened the door for her... just to prove a point, its not like Ty could have undone his seat belt and opened the door when he got too hot. 

She was soaked in sweat, red faced and clearly not feeling well.   She was pissed off at me for embarrassing her but I think she gets it now.  

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:42 PM
2 moms liked this

They should do that to all the parents of all the kids who are left in cars. 

zildjans_mom
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:42 PM
Good for you! Hope she learned a lesson
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aidyns_mommy
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:43 PM
I'm not sure I actually believe this happened, but if it did she is an idiot.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Petyonsmommy
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:44 PM
Good for you I would have done the same to my sister or anyone else for that matter
Blueajah
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:44 PM

Good for you I would have done the same thing.

JoanahLee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:48 PM

If i was not standing there watching it happen I would say the same thing.

My sister is a sweet girl who means well, but shes dumb as a bag of rocks and the offer for me to never say anything to her again about child safety is a big deal coming from me because I would imagine me being up her ass is the only thing thats kept her son alive for the past year and a half... no natural parenting instincts in this one at all! 

Quoting aidyns_mommy:

eSamsMama
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Way to stand your ground!

embrigmom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Hopefully she learned her lesson!

aidyns_mommy
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Wow that is very sad! Does she even want to be a mom?

Quoting JoanahLee:

If i was not standing there watching it happen I would say the same thing.

My sister is a sweet girl who means well, but shes dumb as a bag of rocks and the offer for me to never say anything to her again about child safety is a big deal coming from me because I would imagine me being up her ass is the only thing thats kept her son alive for the past year and a half... no natural parenting instincts in this one at all! 

Quoting aidyns_mommy:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Bump to read later
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)