Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I JUST discovered that ... UPDATE!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 31 Replies
2 moms liked this
I'm pregnant!

I've been feeling off the last few days, and today I finally decided to take a pregnancy test. It's positive! DH gets home in one hour. I can hardly hold this in.

This will be my first. I'm so happy I'm crying.

To add some discussion - were you alone when you found out you were expecting? How did you react? When/how did your partner find out? What was their reaction? How long did you wait to tell family?

UPDATE - DH called me on his way home. I couldn't hold it in and blurted out the news. He was so happy. He came home and we celebrated. We called our parents to tell them the news, but we're going to wait to tell extended family and friends.

Thanks for all the well wishes. I'm so happy.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Congrats!!
Mittenmommie
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:05 PM
I was alone at 6 am, dh was already at work and my son was sleeping.. So I peed on 6 tests, they all said yes.. So I called him and told him.
We had an idea I was but I hadn't tested yet.
wickedfiress
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:06 PM
Congrats!
mes_deux_amours
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Congrats!

I was not alone. Dh was with me. We were shocked and happy (planned). We waited until we were out of the first trimester.
unspecified42
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:07 PM

I was alone. I cried and called my best friends and cried some more. I told my then-boyfriend the next day and his response was "...shit." He left shortly thereafter.

I waited a while to tell my family because I didn't know how they would respond.

Congrats!!

JamieBue38
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:10 PM

YAY! :D congrats :) :) :)

The first person I told was a 1 night stand (wasn't intended to be a 1 night stand) and he freaked out and left HAHA. Anyway... 2nd person I told was my best friend and then my mom. Then I took a test! Being pregnant is so much fun if you don't have to work! Sleep all the time :) eat weird foods :) Good luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:10 PM
I'm so temped to call him, but I'm trying to wait. It's only been a few minutes since I found out, but the time feels like it's going so slow.

Quoting Mittenmommie:

I was alone at 6 am, dh was already at work and my son was sleeping.. So I peed on 6 tests, they all said yes.. So I called him and told him.

We had an idea I was but I hadn't tested yet.
Irish_mama_2011
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Congratulations! I was alone for the first two tests I took, but my husband was there when I took the test for my third pregnancy.
Are you hoping for a boy or girl? How long did you try?
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Yay!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:13 PM

Congrats!

Yes I was alone when I found out with my first. W had gone over to MIL's for a BBQ and they didn't have any BBQ sauce, so I drove back to my house to get some. We were trying to get pregnant and I just had a feeling that I should test, so I stopped and bought some. I got a positive and took another to be sure and got another positive. I went back to MIL's and showed dh, he said they were too faint to be positive. So he went and bought a digital and I took it and it was positive, too. He was so surprised and didn't say much, lol. We told everyone that very day, because I am awful at keeping happy secrets.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)