Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Does it really matter if the carseat matches the stroller?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:07 PM
  • 35 Replies
I'm looking at the chicco line for baby things and I'm not too impressed with the colors on the stroller I want but the carseat has a ton of different colors to chose from. I'm thinking of just saying to hell with a matching theme and just getting the two I want regardless of the color.

When I go to sell the stuff are people going to care that it doesn't match?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Selling it should not matter because you really should not sell a used car seat. But other then that I don't think color should matter.
B1Bomber
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:10 PM

I didn't care.

myempyreofdirt
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:11 PM
I'm sure you can sell them easily regardless. Matching travel systems can be extremely handy though. We have a carseat that snaps into a matching stroller, easy peasy when ds was too small to be without a 5 point harness. Not a necessity by any means, just something to think about. It was a big help to us.
Roxygurl
by Sapphire Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:12 PM
The chicco carseats snap into the strollers, I just want the stroller that lays flat for a newborn and the colors are limited on it but all chicco carseats snap into the stroller.

Quoting myempyreofdirt:

I'm sure you can sell them easily regardless. Matching travel systems can be extremely handy though. We have a carseat that snaps into a matching stroller, easy peasy when ds was too small to be without a 5 point harness. Not a necessity by any means, just something to think about. It was a big help to us.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonandon
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:13 PM

We had a Chicco carseat and Jeep stroller, as long as the carseat fits on the stroller, that's all that matters.

myempyreofdirt
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:16 PM
I really don't think it matters then. A good travel system will sell pretty easily since they're so handy.

Quoting Roxygurl:

The chicco carseats snap into the strollers, I just want the stroller that lays flat for a newborn and the colors are limited on it but all chicco carseats snap into the stroller.

Quoting myempyreofdirt:

ihave1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Not every cares, but some do.

childofgod04
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:18 PM

I don't think it matters. We had a Babytrend carseat that was green and grey but just a stroller frame for his carseat. They weren't all matchy matchy and sold just fine. 

lovemymini
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:26 PM

I wanted mine to match and next babies will match too.  But that's just us.  Get what you like

rosewind13
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:27 PM

As long as it has never been in a wreck it should be fine to re-sell.

Quoting Anonymous:

Selling it should not matter because you really should not sell a used car seat. But other then that I don't think color should matter.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)