Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If jobs are so "scarce" then....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
How did my 16 and 17 yr old get jobs so easily? They may not be the greatest and not that many hours but they are good in the mean time for people who are looking for jobs. People are being too picky because welfare makes it too easy.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Replies (151-153):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:00 PM
do you know why else it is hard for folks to find jobs? Affirmative Action. DH is a contractor. Where he is currently working is hiring for someone that is exactly what DH is and is licensed and certified for. He applied for that job. He was turned down. Instead of DH who is licensed, they hired a minority or a convicted felon who has no training, no licensing or certifications. They fire them within a week. They have done this interview, hire the felon or a minority , fire the felon, start interviews again cycle SIX TIMES NOW! Why, because the law states minorities deserve a fair chance. By the way, this is a state job. Good to know where your tax money is going, right? Wouldn't want to hire a professional to the job right the first time.
highlandmum
by Spunky on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:03 PM

It may be the type of jobs they are looking for.  I am looking for a new job, they are out there for my line of work.  They also pay very well.

la-cosa-nostra
by Gold Member on Jul. 26, 2013 at 4:06 PM

if they wouldnt be able to support a family on those jobs, then it hardly counts 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured