Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

If jobs are so "scarce" then....

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
How did my 16 and 17 yr old get jobs so easily? They may not be the greatest and not that many hours but they are good in the mean time for people who are looking for jobs. People are being too picky because welfare makes it too easy.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:17 PM
Replies (21-30):
OneToughMami
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Holy shit seriously...did you not get the eye rolling reference? That I was being SARCASTIC!

Quoting Anonymous:

Really because people with good jobs don't get laid off when their company moves after they had kids.

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting lwalker270:

Are you kidding with this. 

Do you really think a minimum wage job can support a family?

Well um hello those people shouldn't have had kids!

I just rolled my eyeballs out of my head.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/b762891efaf7adb4ad80ae87e3b3ef62/tumblr_mfvw40stJP1s04tjto1_250.gif

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Around here, kids always get the jobs first. Most teens do not have kids or husband requiring them to need a specific schedule. I've tried jobs at every fast food place in town but they are filled with teenagers. I'd love a job but it has to be dayshift, a shift that I'm realizing is hard to find.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:24 PM

They hire the teens because they can pay them less and work them the shittiest hours. That is exactly what I was told by my friend who does the hiring at McDonalds here.

wodntulk2kno1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:24 PM
2 moms liked this
I have to agree. I have never had an issue finding a job. I just think some people think they are worth more then what they get paid. I have been there myself. I just always worked and kept looking in the process. My bills are not going to wait around and food isnt just going to appear on my table.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lauriemom
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Depends on where you live, how much you need to make per hour, what your availability is. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Yes. And it could be a job for another person looking for work just to have in the mean time so that they are doing all they can to support their family so that they are not completely relying on other peoples money

Quoting LectioDivina:

And I bet they make enough for their car and fun!

Raeann11
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Rolls eyes, that is why it took us two months to get a job. It is not always that easy.
lwalker270

Quoting Anonymous:

Really because people with good jobs don't get laid off when their company moves after they had kids.

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting lwalker270:

Thank you!  My uncle has been laid off twice in the last five years.  I'm sure the unemployment he collected while he was looking for work was more than a 20 hour-a-week, minimum wage job.  

The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.

~ F. Scott Fitzgerald

OneToughMami

So doesn't eyerolling usually mean sarcasm?

Quoting Anonymous:

So life can't throw you unexpected curveball?

Quoting OneToughMami:

Quoting lwalker270:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/b762891efaf7adb4ad80ae87e3b3ef62/tumblr_mfvw40stJP1s04tjto1_250.gif

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:25 PM

A lot of "lower jobs" won't hire people with degrees.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)