Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

personal question tmi?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
So I've been talking to this guy. He seems really sweet. It's awesome. He even picked me flowers and brought them to me when he knew I was stressed and not feelin too great. We aren't dating yet or anything. Just talking.

Well... he just told me the other day that about a year ago he had unprotected sex. And afterword the girl told him she had herpes.

He says he's been tested four times since. Three negative tests and one positive. Said he's never had an outbreak or symptoms but is afraid he's a carrier ?

How big of a deal is that? Should I just stop talking to him and getting to know him and call it a loss? Idk anything about it:/
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:48 PM

IDK, how big of a deal is it if you get it? I think that is the question you should ask yourself. Do research on it. I know it is very controllable, but it sounds like he does not have a clear answer on whether or not he even has it. You are not a carrier, you either have it or you don't with herpes.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:16 PM
I don't know how bad it'd be if I got it. I know nothing about it:/

Quoting Anonymous:

IDK, how big of a deal is it if you get it? I think that is the question you should ask yourself. Do research on it. I know it is very controllable, but it sounds like he does not have a clear answer on whether or not he even has it. You are not a carrier, you either have it or you don't with herpes.

UpSheRises
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:17 PM
Just have protected sex.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Run

olliesmommy2
by Metal Awareness on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:20 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't know much about herpes either, but I know I don't want them. But people live in healthy relationships with herpes. I would give the guy a chance. He was man enough to tell you. He could've been a D and not. Tell him you'd like a more clear answer on if he has it or not. You like him but you need to know before you can make decision to date/be intimate with him. Good luck.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

loquacious
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:22 PM

I believe they can lie dormant for a while.  The positive test would make me nervous.  Whatever you choose to do, be careful!

TigOlBitties
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:24 PM
2 moms liked this
I don't know just seems kind of weird. Like a PP said, you either have it or you don't. Then again, many people have it and don't even know because they don't have symptoms on the surface.

I would definitely be glad and give him a +1 for mentioning it to you, but to me it feels like he knows he has it but didn't want to come out and say it definitively so he's kind of blaming it on other things or acting like he isn't sure of his status. Because if he has had 4 tests, he knows whether he has it or not. Ya know?

Either way....condoms for sure and don't do anything at all if there are any signs of an outbreak.
Grumpylilpixy
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:28 PM

Great advice. 

Quoting olliesmommy2:

I don't know much about herpes either, but I know I don't want them. But people live in healthy relationships with herpes. I would give the guy a chance. He was man enough to tell you. He could've been a D and not. Tell him you'd like a more clear answer on if he has it or not. You like him but you need to know before you can make decision to date/be intimate with him. Good luck.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

I am a friend, a wife,a daughter but the best title I have by far is Mother .

amberleh
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:34 PM
2 moms liked this

While some people see it as a shallow answer, I would break it off and cut my losses. My health and being STD free are very important to me, and I would not want to take even the slimmest chance that I could catch herpes from my partner. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Have him get tested again. And tell him to ask the dr appt being a carrier, see what the drs recommendation is. You should ask your dr as well.  Or contact your local health department and ask them they can help

in the mean time USE A CONDOM!!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)