• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my dh gets mad at me because...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 39 Replies
I don't eat right and because I hardly eat at all...I mean I can easily go without eating for days and the longest was a couple of weeks...I just never think about food...Yes my kids eat very healthy with plenty of fruits and veggies veggies and three square meals a day plus snacks...just by the time I cook, feed kids and clean up i realize I didn't eat and just don't bother cooking for Myself...
He has been working late and today he happened to ask me when the last time I ate was..I told him to be honest I couldn't remember and now once again he is pissed off.
Is anyone else like this?

Edit...life is busy for me between three kids..working from home(a paying job)..taking care of all chores and a very ill child..it just slips my mind and I forget to take care of myself
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Nope. I take care of my body.
12345abcde54321
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:38 PM
3 moms liked this

no, there's no way you 'forget' to eat like that. he's angry because you're deliberately sabotaging your health.

Kaylawv2
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:39 PM
You went 2 wks without eating anything?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:39 PM

No way. I am married to a chef, food is a major thing in our home.

WaffleHead
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:40 PM
He's probably worried about you
WaffleHead
WaffleHead
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:40 PM
I do this as well. I'll go days with out eating but my bf doesn't get mad just upset. And when I finally do eat he's happy. Its considered an eating disorder but he doesn't know that otherwise it would be worse for me.
Superlaura328
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, he might be acting angry, but it's probably because he's genuinely concerned about your wellbeing. It's just not good for you. Set an alarm to go off a few times a day, and when it does, eat a piece of fruit or something. That will get your body into the rhythm of eating a few times a day and then you can't say you didn't think to eat.

WaffleHead
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)