Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Chronic back pain

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:46 PM
  • 3 Replies
At what point do I need to cave and go to pain management?

I have chronic back pain and scoliosis. Right now it's radiating down my legs. I take the max of NSAIDS and Tylenol and its not working anymore. But whenever I tell a doctor, they look at me like I'm a junkie.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
LokisMama
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:49 PM

I think you've reached that point, if your dosages are maxed. 

GrinningCheese
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:50 PM
I need to find where to go for that but I refuse to take pain pills except at night because they always make me tired. I've had the pain since I was 17 or so and it gets so bad sometimes. Yeah I had a doctor who looked at me like I was crazy when I told her that I had the back pain. It was my first appointment with her and she knew nothing of my history of back pain. She just dismissed it and other things like because of my age it wasn't possible.
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:57 PM
Im in pain management due to failed back surgery. Ive been on numerous pain meds. Now I take extended release meds that work a lot better imo. Oxycodone and vicoden are bandaids. They never helped me. Right now im in the process of getting ready to try a spinal cord stimulator. If this fails they are going to try other alternatives since meds by mouth are not working for me. Lyrica and baclofen works wonders for me! I have permanent nerve damage, scar tissue disease, severe thoracolumbar scoliosis, 3 bulging discs, fibro and degenerative disc disease.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)