Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

14 back to school supplies for just $5.50

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:49 PM
  • 6 Replies

From staples. And a new bic coupon is out I did not know about that would have taken $1.50 off that total. All this from staple, which I do not consider a cheap store by any means. I only go there for their back to school sale now til mid August they run different ones each week. We live off less then $30,000 a year for a family of 4. This is doable, so being poor should not matter. i can do it so can you :) Shop sales and pay attention to store flyers. Most basic school supplies are about a quarter depending what week you buy them. Target even had free five star notebooks this week but the coupons are gone.

Next week office max will have backpacks on sale buy any one and get the full price minus 1 penny back in store cash, which you can then use to buy your other supplies.

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:50 PM

and for those of us who don't have a staples?

littlesippycup
by Baby T-rex Arms on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:53 PM
1 mom liked this

That's awesome, you did SO GOOD. I don't think people have any excuse good enough for why their kids have to go without basics. You could double that and have stuff for next year.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Walmart -

21.8 mi, 29 mins  - no other store just a walmart there that does school supplies

To go to a larger town that has multiple stores. Is a 43 mile drive away one way. So I'd waste more in gas going back every few days for new sales just to save on some school supplies.
lasombrs
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

and for those of us who don't have a staples?

Last week rite aid had supplies for $0.29 that is where I bought my glue and crayons. In the next week or so Walmart will have Elmer glue sticks for 10c each and crayons crayons for 50c or under and comparable prices on the notebooks. Folders were 17c each last year I believe. OfficeMax is another law chain doing it. Tell me a state and I will find you a store doing below $1 school supplies

lasombrs
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:57 PM

I live in the middle of no where nh. I drove 30 minutes to get to staples, but it was only 2 more exits from wherein had to be for Easter seals. Trust me I conserve gas. But Walmart does their sale all at once and it's awesome, just hasn't happened yet

but if you have no interest in trying to save then you most likely don't need to. I have to drive to at least 4 or more dr or therapist appointments a week so I am all over the state some times 2 states every week.

Quoting Anonymous:

Walmart -

21.8 mi, 29 mins  - no other store just a walmart there that does school supplies

To go to a larger town that has multiple stores. Is a 43 mile drive away one way. So I'd waste more in gas going back every few days for new sales just to save on some school supplies.

Elayna90
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this
A lot of those sales have been going on here. School starts next week for us. Last year, I waited until school started and after the sales and it was crazy expensive. (My first year with a child in school) This year, I have two in school and spent about $50 on supplies for them both. I was extremely happy about that since I had expected to spend a little over double that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)