Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you do with pills?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

Like if someone dies and they have a lot of unused medication?

Do you flush them? Give them to people who take the medication anyways? Wait for the 'dragon' to come to town to burn them?

Just wondering. When my grandfather passed we flushed and gave to pharmacist we knew to get rid of. My dad just passed and my mom is going to give his plavix to co-workers who have to pay a butt load for the script. The rest we are trying to wait for the dragon to come in so we can get rid of them. We will prob keep antibiotics though, so we don't have to re-buy them when we need them.

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:53 PM
I know that you aren't supposed to flush them. Some cities do a round up every so often where you can drop them off. Other than that, I would ask the pharmacy.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Yep, they call it the dragon here. They burn all of the medication you bring in.

Quoting bluebunnybabe:

I know that you aren't supposed to flush them. Some cities do a round up every so often where you can drop them off. Other than that, I would ask the pharmacy.

bluebunnybabe
by kid crack dealer on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Ah. I had no idea. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Yep, they call it the dragon here. They burn all of the medication you bring in.

Quoting bluebunnybabe:

MommyTo2Boyz
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:55 PM
My pharmacy said to mix them with used coffee grinds and throw them away.
unspecified42
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 5:59 PM

While I understand the kindness of what you are going by giving away plavix (though there is now a generic available and it's very cheap- does this coworker know that?), I wouldn't advertise that you do it as it's illegal.

missmamaof4
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:00 PM

in our area you can take them to the police department and they get rid of them

SWasson
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:01 PM

Most pharmacies will dispose of them for you. When my grandmother died, the hospice service took care of it.

cmeeso
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Bring them back to the pharmacy
WesAndNicksMom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:06 PM

I threw andrews away but I'm donating his lovenox to the hospital for their clinic.

HelloSweetie
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Police station or pharmacy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)