Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Send him a pic of the evidence now, or wait until he gets home?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
Dh has battled with prescription painkiller addiction for several years. I recently found out he had relapsed. I gave him an ultimatum and he has been on board.

Before the ultimatum h spent a few days with his grandma who takes prescription fentanyl patches...when he came home I noticed the outline if a sticker in his leg. I knew she took fentanyl, but they know about his addiction too and usually hide theirs. He denied it, but I think I knew anyway I just left it at that.

Now, I found an empty wrapper from the fentanyl patch in his suitcase. I know it's from that weekend.

We've been getting along fine since the ultimatum, and he used it before agreeing to work things out.

I don't want to rock the boat for something in the past if he's actually moving forward with changes. It I'm pissed. He's such an idiot. I lost my brother to a heroin overdose, and this patch could have killed him.

So do I confront him when he gets home? I took a pic of it and taped it to the bathroom mirror. It could be hours before he gets home and I'm fuming. Why should I have to suck it up while he's at work? I want to text him a picture of it now...but there's not much he can say about it. He works in customers homes.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thickmamaof2
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Send him a pic
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:06 PM
I feel like that's just going to puss him off and be distant when he gets home.

Quoting thickmamaof2:

Send him a pic
Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:09 PM
5 moms liked this
I'd wait till he gets home... sounds like a serious conversation; and one that should be done in person
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:14 PM
That's what I'm leaning towards. I'm just anxious and pissed. I'm basically pacing in the house.

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

I'd wait till he gets home... sounds like a serious conversation; and one that should be done in person
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:16 PM
It was before the ultimatum so I don't see the point in bringing it up. I'm quite sure he kept a lot of drug use from you before. He's suppose to be clean slated so I'd leave it alone.
GrinningCheese
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I feel like that's just going to puss him off and be distant when he gets home.

Quoting thickmamaof2:

Send him a pic

I agree and if he can't have a conversation with you after you send the pic it'll give him plenty of time to come up with an excuse or reason for it being there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Um; sending a picture... or taping a picture to the mirror doesn't sound like the best way to handle the situation. I'd talk to him when he gets home in a non accusing manner
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:19 PM
I'm not so much mad about the lying as I am about the fact it was a fentanyl patch. That is far worse than popping a few Vicodin. It's irresponsible and could have left our dd fatherless. It was a large dose.

He left because I threatened divorce and told him i would leave if he didn't get clean. So technically it was after the ultimatum but before he agreed to it.

Quoting Anonymous:

It was before the ultimatum so I don't see the point in bringing it up. I'm quite sure he kept a lot of drug use from you before. He's suppose to be clean slated so I'd leave it alone.
camocountrymom
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:21 PM
This. If he hasn't used since before the ultimatum, you confronting him may cause a trigger. I'm sure its tough but tread lightly. Good luck.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)