Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Send him a pic of the evidence now, or wait until he gets home?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 25 Replies
Dh has battled with prescription painkiller addiction for several years. I recently found out he had relapsed. I gave him an ultimatum and he has been on board.

Before the ultimatum h spent a few days with his grandma who takes prescription fentanyl patches...when he came home I noticed the outline if a sticker in his leg. I knew she took fentanyl, but they know about his addiction too and usually hide theirs. He denied it, but I think I knew anyway I just left it at that.

Now, I found an empty wrapper from the fentanyl patch in his suitcase. I know it's from that weekend.

We've been getting along fine since the ultimatum, and he used it before agreeing to work things out.

I don't want to rock the boat for something in the past if he's actually moving forward with changes. It I'm pissed. He's such an idiot. I lost my brother to a heroin overdose, and this patch could have killed him.

So do I confront him when he gets home? I took a pic of it and taped it to the bathroom mirror. It could be hours before he gets home and I'm fuming. Why should I have to suck it up while he's at work? I want to text him a picture of it now...but there's not much he can say about it. He works in customers homes.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
thickmamaof2
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:02 PM
Send him a pic
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:06 PM
I feel like that's just going to puss him off and be distant when he gets home.

Quoting thickmamaof2:

Send him a pic
Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:09 PM
5 moms liked this
I'd wait till he gets home... sounds like a serious conversation; and one that should be done in person
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:11 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:14 PM
That's what I'm leaning towards. I'm just anxious and pissed. I'm basically pacing in the house.

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

I'd wait till he gets home... sounds like a serious conversation; and one that should be done in person
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:16 PM
It was before the ultimatum so I don't see the point in bringing it up. I'm quite sure he kept a lot of drug use from you before. He's suppose to be clean slated so I'd leave it alone.
GrinningCheese
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I feel like that's just going to puss him off and be distant when he gets home.

Quoting thickmamaof2:

Send him a pic

I agree and if he can't have a conversation with you after you send the pic it'll give him plenty of time to come up with an excuse or reason for it being there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Um; sending a picture... or taping a picture to the mirror doesn't sound like the best way to handle the situation. I'd talk to him when he gets home in a non accusing manner
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:19 PM
I'm not so much mad about the lying as I am about the fact it was a fentanyl patch. That is far worse than popping a few Vicodin. It's irresponsible and could have left our dd fatherless. It was a large dose.

He left because I threatened divorce and told him i would leave if he didn't get clean. So technically it was after the ultimatum but before he agreed to it.

Quoting Anonymous:

It was before the ultimatum so I don't see the point in bringing it up. I'm quite sure he kept a lot of drug use from you before. He's suppose to be clean slated so I'd leave it alone.
camocountrymom
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:21 PM
This. If he hasn't used since before the ultimatum, you confronting him may cause a trigger. I'm sure its tough but tread lightly. Good luck.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN