Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

numbness and tingling in right hand

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:14 PM
  • 11 Replies
For the past few weeks i have been feeling numbness and tingling in my right hand. Ot starts put at my fingertips and makes it way up toy wrist and my forearm. At first it was just when i was doing something with that hand like holding tge steering wheel or cutting vegetables but for the past two days it just randomly happens.

What cold it be? I read online carpal tunnel and lupus? I was tested a few years ago for lipus and it ce back negative. Although i have heard you have to be tested more than once cause it is very hard to detect.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sadeyez11
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Sorry for all they typos,
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PookiePanda
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:18 PM
That happens to me from bad circulation. Nothing serious.
acrogodess
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:19 PM
Probably carpal tunnel. That's what my doc said mine is. (He also said it could be stress. Sometimes I get numbness and tingling in half my face and scalp and toes.)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KendallsMommee
by Spoiled SAHM on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:22 PM
Anxiety can cause it. Happens to me a lot. As a matter of fact, the right side of my face is tingling like crazy right now. I have General Anxiety Disorder.
HelloSweetie
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:23 PM

All your fingers?

HelloSweetie
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:23 PM

I have it too and half my face goes "numb" sometimes. That sleepy feeling but I can still feel when I touch it

Quoting KendallsMommee:

Anxiety can cause it. Happens to me a lot. As a matter of fact, the right side of my face is tingling like crazy right now. I have General Anxiety Disorder.

HelloSweetie
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:24 PM

OP Ive had that happen- I did have a nerve issue in my neck, it got better with time. Have you hurt your neck at all? Even slept wrong

Diamepphyre
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Depending on the position of your arms, it could also be ulnar neuritis.  The nerve that goes around the outside of your elbow can get irritated and that causes very similar symptoms to carpal tunnel.

Quoting acrogodess:

Probably carpal tunnel. That's what my doc said mine is. (He also said it could be stress. Sometimes I get numbness and tingling in half my face and scalp and toes.)

sadeyez11
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:25 PM
I havent felt it anywhere else

Quoting acrogodess:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaRae85
by *you're on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:27 PM

Are your pinkie and ring fingers getting numb, or is it mostly your thumb, index and middle fingers?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)