Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Scariest MOM"ents"

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:16 PM
  • 116 Replies

Share your scariest mom moments.....

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jensep
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:25 PM

BUMP!

Pnukey
by Jenn on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:26 PM

When I fed DS a peanut butter sandwich and he started getting red and puffy from his neck up. We were at the ER within 10 minutes.

Jensep
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:29 PM

That would freak me out too! 

Quoting Pnukey:

When I fed DS a peanut butter sandwich and he started getting red and puffy from his neck up. We were at the ER within 10 minutes.

sissyboogs
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:29 PM

One was the time we had just moved into a 2nd floor apartment right in town. I woke up and realized it was later than normal and I didn't hear my son. He was around 2 at the time. So, I went looking for him and couldn't find him. I started panicking thinking he had managed to get outside....well, turns out he had locked himself in his closet....

Another time was when that same son, also around age 2, pulled a heavy mirror on top of himself and cut his wrist open. He had stitches for that....

By far the scariest for me though, was when my daughter (2 at the time), got away from me in a parking lot. She made a mad dash towards the road (a very busy 4 lane highway)....My husband caught up to her and grabbed her just before she was on the road, thank goodness. 

I know others have experienced much worse than that, and as scary as those moments were for me, I'm thankful to not have had to deal with anything worse....and I hope I never do. They're only 3 and 5 now. 

Razzle_Dazzle1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Probably the worst was when my daughter was two and she wondered out of the barn and into the woods(she decided she was going to play hide and seek). Luckily I had my redbone hound pup with me and she found her in just a few minutes.

CafeMom Tickers

i_am_no_1
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:31 PM

my son was 4 months old and jumped from a shopping cart onto cement floor at the grocery store. He hit his head on the cart on the way down and then hit his head on the floor.

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:31 PM

I was letting my kids play in the puddles after a rain storm, They were running and my daughter slammed her head up right into my son's face, his nose was covered in blood and I was freaking out. It was not broken thank God.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:32 PM

My son was 7 ish months and started crawling and his new tooth cut the thing that connects his lip to his gums. He's never bled that much so I freaked out.

That's it so far.

Jensep
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:33 PM

Those are all very scary!!! Thank goodness they all turned out ok!!!

Quoting sissyboogs:

One was the time we had just moved into a 2nd floor apartment right in town. I woke up and realized it was later than normal and I didn't hear my son. He was around 2 at the time. So, I went looking for him and couldn't find him. I started panicking thinking he had managed to get outside....well, turns out he had locked himself in his closet....

Another time was when that same son, also around age 2, pulled a heavy mirror on top of himself and cut his wrist open. He had stitches for that....

By far the scariest for me though, was when my daughter (2 at the time), got away from me in a parking lot. She made a mad dash towards the road (a very busy 4 lane highway)....My husband caught up to her and grabbed her just before she was on the road, thank goodness. 

I know others have experienced much worse than that, and as scary as those moments were for me, I'm thankful to not have had to deal with anything worse....and I hope I never do. They're only 3 and 5 now. 

LalasMommy1125
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:34 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter was taking a nap. She was sleeping in a toddler bed by then. So I go in her room to wake her up and I cannot find her...so I start freaking out. I'm looking everywhere, calling her name. I found her a few minutes later nicely wrapped in her blanket sound asleep inside her closet....talk about heart attack time!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)