• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I made my daughter buy my eyeliner

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:26 PM
  • 6 Replies
2 moms liked this
We were on vacation last week and while my husband and I were away, my 8 year old experimented with my eyeliner and mascara.

That in of itself was no big deal. Told her it wasnt cool to mess with my stuff and had her wash her face and it was fone. But the next day I was getting ready and my eyeliner was gone. She didn't put it back and it was lost. I explained to her that since she neglected to putmy stuff back where it belonged after playing with without permission in the first place, she would have to use her money to buy me a new one.

So yesterday I was at the store and got a new one and when I got home, I had her bring me the $8 I spent on eyeliner.

She's saving her money to buy a new AG girl, so I'm going to sneak the money back in her bank. I didn't care about the money...just wanted to prove a point and teach a lesson.
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Maks1mommy
by Emerald Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Sounds fair to me.

momof3_2011
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:21 PM

I think it's a good lesson :) 

frankiesma530
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this

$8 for an eyeliner?  I just realized how cheap I am.

I think you did the right thing though, I bet she remembers to put your things back.  ;-)  Never too early to learn the value of things.

mysticalmalissa
by Platinum Member on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Drugstore makeup isnt cheap anymore. Its crazy the prices that they charge now.  :/

Op, I would have done the same thing.

Quoting frankiesma530:

$8 for an eyeliner?  I just realized how cheap I am.

I think you did the right thing though, I bet she remembers to put your things back.  ;-)  Never too early to learn the value of things.

AustinRonMommy
by Nickhole on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:28 PM
That's what I would have done.
PeppyInPink
by on Jul. 27, 2013 at 12:29 PM
Good idea! She learnt that she has to be reliable for things she uses, breaks or looses.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)