Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

DS is constipated. What can i do to help move things along?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:27 PM
  • 4 Replies
He hasn't pooped since Sunday. He has been staying well hydrated, and hasn't had any major diet changes. This is completely unlike him. He usually poops 2 or 3 times a day, sometimes more. What types of food can I give him (or avoid giving him) to help things along? If he doesn't go by tomorrow, I may go get some prune juice, but I doubt if I could get him to drink it since he's pretty picky. I feel so bad for him, because I know when he finally goes, it's probably gonna hurt him pretty bad :(
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Sigmalade
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Apples with the peels on. Pears, peaches, prunes. No binding foods like bananas. Anything high fiber. We did Miralax and fiber gummies. Try warm apple juice followed by warm water. They have like apple/prune juice in the gerber jars and that is good also.

briansmommy2010
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Seriously, not 5 minutes after I posted this, he blew his diaper out!! Guess all I needed to do was talk about it. Or maybe it was because I told him if he didn't poop by tomorrow he was getting prune juice in his sippy cup lol.

Quoting Sigmalade:

Apples with the peels on. Pears, peaches, prunes. No binding foods like bananas. Anything high fiber. We did Miralax and fiber gummies. Try warm apple juice followed by warm water. They have like apple/prune juice in the gerber jars and that is good also.

Sigmalade
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:54 PM

I am glad for you. A constipated child is no joke!

TaralynnStewart
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:54 PM

I was going to say miralax and prune juice, but make sure the diapers on tight because it will get bad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)