• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

NOO you can't throw away my box of feminine products!

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:30 PM
  • 51 Replies
1 mom liked this
That's where I hide my secret goodies!!

Dh was going through our bathroom cabinet this morning and grabbed my shoe box marked "feminine products." He made a comment that I should just get rid of it since I haven't had a period in over a year and it doesn't look like I will have one any time soon.

I told him we should keep it just in case. Then he questioned if tampons expire (DO THEY?!?)

Little does dh know, I keep all of my secret snack foods in there. It is the only fool proof hiding spot. Thy shoe box was the ONLY thing I eer owned that my brother never went through.

But now I think my dh is on to me..
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Lmao! Awesome
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:34 PM
1 mom liked this

The scented ones can expire.  But just because it doesn't seem like you'll have a period soon, you best keep those suckers around!  Ask him if he'd rather keep a box of tampons just in case, or have to deal with you bleeding all over the house while screaming at him he bought the wrong brand....LOL

Ms.Pteranodon
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:47 PM
Exactly!

But now I'm worried he will want to get rid of the shoe box. He was all about decluttering.

I told him that the shoe box keeps it organized he started talking about getting a basket or something and I told him to just stay under his sink and leave mine alone!

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

The scented ones can expire.  But just because it doesn't seem like you'll have a period soon, you best keep those suckers around!  Ask him if he'd rather keep a box of tampons just in case, or have to deal with you bleeding all over the house while screaming at him he bought the wrong brand....LOL

Ms.Pteranodon
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:54 PM
2 moms liked this
The awesome thing is that shoe box was all my moms idea... Well sorta.

When I started my cycle she told me that I couldn't just leave my feminine products (even unused ones) just lying around the bathroom for my brother to have to see so she gave me a shoe box.

Whenever I needed more supplies I always made sure that I asked my dad when my mom was at work. I knew he would just take me to the store and give me way more money than I needed and not ask questions. So I would buy my goodies with my supplies and no one ever knew the difference.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lmao! Awesome

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:54 PM
2 moms liked this

LOL

Pre-empt him and buy a decent sized basket with a liner.  Stash snacks UNDER the liner.  Stash tampons and whatever on top.  He'll think you compromised on the basket issue, you still have a secret spot.

Or if the box itself is sentimental, tell him to bug off.  You'll get rid of it when he gets rid of *insert stupid and/or gross thing that all guys seem to have ONE of that they won't let go*  Like my DH has a pair of whitey tighties he kept from Basic Training FOR NO REASON but if I even think of touching them an alarm goes off in his brain.  No, he doesn't still wear them, but he HAS to have them in his drawer.  lol

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

Exactly!

But now I'm worried he will want to get rid of the shoe box. He was all about decluttering.

I told him that the shoe box keeps it organized he started talking about getting a basket or something and I told him to just stay under his sink and leave mine alone!

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

angevil53
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:56 PM
1 mom liked this
Omg you're an evil genius.

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

When I started my cycle she told me that I couldn't just leave my feminine products (even unused ones) just lying around the bathroom for my brother to have to see so she gave me a shoe box.

Whenever I needed more supplies I always made sure that I asked my dad when my mom was at work. I knew he would just take me to the store and give me way more money than I needed and not ask questions. So I would buy my goodies with my supplies and no one ever knew the difference.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lmao! Awesome

Ms.Pteranodon
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol. Well part of his reason for disliking it is because its so old and has weird things written, drawn and duct taped on it.

Like a penis with a x over it.

I also have the positive pregnancy tests from both of my boys, and he thinks that's gross

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

LOL

Pre-empt him and buy a decent sized basket with a liner.  Stash snacks UNDER the liner.  Stash tampons and whatever on top.  He'll think you compromised on the basket issue, you still have a secret spot.

Or if the box itself is sentimental, tell him to bug off.  You'll get rid of it when he gets rid of *insert stupid and/or gross thing that all guys seem to have ONE of that they won't let go*  Like my DH has a pair of whitey tighties he kept from Basic Training FOR NO REASON but if I even think of touching them an alarm goes off in his brain.  No, he doesn't still wear them, but he HAS to have them in his drawer.  lol

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

Exactly!

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Ms.Pteranodon
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Its unreal the things I schemed up in high school.

Quoting angevil53:

Omg you're an evil genius.

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

Quoting Anonymous:

Lmao! Awesome

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:02 PM
3 moms liked this

This is soo funny. I gave my dd a box when she first started her period. I filled it with feminine products and chocolate. She still has it three years later. She keeps it under her bed and I know when her monthly is so I fill it with chocolate a few days before. :)

Ms.Pteranodon
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Btw I love how your husbands sentimental item is a pair of underwear

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

LOL

Quoting Ms.Pteranodon:

Exactly!

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)