Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Can a kidney stone become stuck?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 15 Replies
My doc already left for the day. I was diagnosed with two on Saturday. I passed one on Monday and I started getting intense pain Tuesday morning so I thought the other was going to pass. Not yet and the pain is just getting worse, coming in waves. My prescribed pain meds have stopped being effective.

Is it possible for a stone to be lodged/stuck?
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:33 PM
Yes my sis ha to have tubes put in to be able to pass hers she peed blood for over a week.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:34 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes my sis ha to have tubes put in to be able to pass hers she peed blood for over a week.

yes someone I know had to have some kind of tubes or something in so she cold pass them - ouch.

ShannaBee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Yes, my DH had to have surgery. He had to wait four days because it happened over the Thanksgiving holiday. He was hospitilized for pain management and he was unable to urinate so he had a catheter.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:42 PM
How would you know. I'm just beyond miserable.
Anonandon
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:43 PM
Yep, happened to my dad twice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sasha-
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:46 PM

yep, it also can get infected.  Drink alot of orange juice,  the acid will dissolve 2/3 types. (My doc told me that)

lucky2Beeme
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Yes they can and when it happens its awful. I had one stuck. It was too big to pass. So I  had to have lithotripsy. Thats where they use a big bag of water and smash it with shock waves.

Surround yourself with people that add to your life not subtract from it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:02 PM
I've been so sick today and the nurse line basically told me nothing but to go to the ER.
deenakate
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:03 PM
Yes.

However if you're able to be on CM, it's probably not stuck
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:08 PM
It can get stuck. I had two removed a few years ago that were too large to pass. The only way for them to really tell is to do an xray or cat scan to size the stones, and they will only allow you to go for a certain amount of time before they remove them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)