Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has your child ever done this? edit

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:37 PM
  • 33 Replies

Earlier today I put on a tv show for my son and went to lay down for a little bit. I left my cell phone on the coffee table but I didn't realize it until it started ringing so I made a mad dash from the bedroom to answer it. It was the police calling me back because my son had called 911 and then hung up! I was so flustered! I explained what happened and that there was no emergency and they asked me for my name and address for the log book, which I gave to them.  I went and put my son on time-out (he's 5) and the local sheriff came by just to double check that everything was really ok. I had them talk to him and explain not to call 911 except for emergencies and then they left. I have grounded my son from tv for the rest of the day but I don't know if that's really enough to get the message to hit home. Ugh!

edit: Calm down about him being left alone people! The Thomas the Train episodes are only 30 minutes long and my roommate was making lunch in the kitchen. He wasn't in any danger I promise! Lol.

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bowribbonmama
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:39 PM
Yep. He called because him and his cousin were playing "bad guy" and his cousin was trying to "kill" him. This happened at my uncles though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jujubear1
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:40 PM
Nope. My kid has never done that but at least one of her friends has.
zoo003
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Yes, when my middle child was about 3 (maybe 4), I was in the kitchen doing dishes and he was in the living room playing.  Next thing I know, dispatch is calling me and telling me there was a hang-up call from my house.  I knew immediately what happened.  They asked a lot of questions, but never came out to do a check up (which I thought was a little strange).  Needless to say, we had a long talk about it and why we don't do it.  Thankfully, it never happened again.   

ABZ_O
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:44 PM
I have a lock on my phone so no one but me can call out. Plus I leave my phone up high enough so my son doesn't get to it.
SyllabaryBisque
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:44 PM
I totally did it when I was little. My sister and I got in trouble big time. Lol
lucky2Beeme
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:45 PM
1 mom liked this

Never thankfully.

Miss_Mandy80
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Yes, my son did it. I was so embarrassed. lol. My son was like 9/10. At least your's was 5! lol

bellygirl
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:47 PM
1 mom liked this

I couldn't get past that YOU WENT TO BED WHILE LEAVING YOUR 5 YEAR OLD UNATTENDED?  Then punished him for doing exactly what I would expect from an unattended child.  It's not like you took a nap near him on the couch or something; but you went into a different room.  That is so dangerous.  For you to punish him b/c you weren't watching him, is just ignorant.  UGH right back at ya!

alison35
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:50 PM
Why did you leave him alone while you went to sleep? Secondly, why did you ground him?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:50 PM

ALL OF THIS RIGHT HERE.

Yeah, I'm guilty od passing out on the couch while the 5 and 7yr olds are playing but damn.

Quoting bellygirl:

I couldn't get past that YOU WENT TO BED WHILE LEAVING YOUR 5 YEAR OLD UNATTENDED?  Then punished him for doing exactly what I would expect from an unattended child.  It's not like you took a nap near him on the couch or something; but you went into a different room.  That is so dangerous.  For you to punish him b/c you weren't watching him, is just ignorant.  UGH right back at ya!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)