• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would I be able to open my own practice?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

If I am a RN, doula, and certified in energy healing and lamaze..would I be able to open my own practice as long as I practice within my scope of practice? How many of you would come to a practice that offers doulas, energy healing, lamaze classes, health promotion, support, etc?

Just curious! Thank you :)

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aphrodite7400
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:51 PM

not me, im done having kids :)  but goodluck in your venture 

amberleh
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:52 PM

I'd come if you were also a CPM...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:56 PM

CPM? 

Quoting amberleh:

I'd come if you were also a CPM...

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:56 PM

BUMP!

lovemyhoney19
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:58 PM
I *think* you can own it but maybe won't be able to do much. If you were a NP you'd have a better chance at being hands on.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Wouldn't energy healing mean you were practicing medicine? If so , then you'd need to hire a physician to oversee your practice
Miranda1127
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:01 PM
1 mom liked this

If you ask such a question on cm you have no business opening a' medical' practice.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:01 PM

I'm not sure. I'm still looking into this energy healing thing. I am not all of these yet, this is just something I may possibly want to do. I am currently just working towards my BSN atm and I am a certified doula.

Quoting Anonymous:

Wouldn't energy healing mean you were practicing medicine? If so , then you'd need to hire a physician to oversee your practice

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:02 PM

What? It is something that would be kind of in the far future.. I just thought about it and thought I'd ask what you guys think?

Quoting Miranda1127:

If you ask such a question on cm you have no business opening a' medical' practice.

PoplarGrove
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:03 PM

It all depends what the regulations are in your area.  You could open a practice for lamaze classes and doula services but you'd have to check on your local laws for energy healing.  I'm pretty sure it's not regulated in most places so there's no reason you couldn't.  Energy healing isn't considered medicine in most places.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)