Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Does your husband work lot?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:07 PM
  • 100 Replies

What do you do all day?My dh has started working lot of hours. He worked 53 last weekand he is going in 4 hours early tonight. I am soooooo bored!!!!

My kids are 11, 9, and 5. They do their own thing most of the day. I am not one to clean all the time either. 

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:11 PM

My DH has been gone 11 hours a day. The kids and I stay busy though. Lots of swimming, Six Flags, beaches, etc this summer. At the end of August I'll return to work.

starlight91
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:13 PM

My dh used to work a lot when my girls were little. I played a lot of games on the comp, once the kids were in bed.

wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:13 PM

My wife works a lot but mostly remotely from home. I have a 2 week old so days are pretty busy.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:15 PM

I kept trying new hobbies. First was knitting, then crochet, painting and now I've found one I really ejoy spending time doing.

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:15 PM
my SO leaves around 6:30 and gets.home a little after 5 pm. I keep the house clean, and take care of the kids. I make sure dinner is ready by the time he comes home.
SamiJ18
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:16 PM
My DH works 50-60 hours a week. I work too but, on an opposite schedule :-( .

I clean, read, watch TV, do my hobbies and research things if I'm not spending time with the kids. I am a full-time college student as well so that takes up most of my time during the school semesters.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Dh is gone 10-11 hrs a day. I'm not one to constantly clean all day, either. I'm bored a lot...lol.
zoo003
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Yes, my dh works a lot.  He is a cop and there is always court, overtime, special assignments, call-outs, etc that take up his time.  In fact, he just had his days off and he had to work through all of them due to court.  We have a 15, 13, and 11 year old.  He has been doing this job for over 16 years, so we are pretty much use to it.  I pretty much do whatever I want during the time he works or is asleep (he works graveyard, so he sleeps through the day if he doesn't have overtime).   

Edit-I forgot to add that I am a sahm. 

MooseMomma
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:18 PM
My husband and I work opposite shifts so er can avoid daycare. He works 12 hour shifts. He works two day shifts then two night shifts then has four days off. His day shifts he always ends up late due to late calls and whatnot. He is a paramedic and is also a supervisor.
mewebb82
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:18 PM
He works about 60 hours per week, but sometimes more. I have 3 kids ages 12, 6, and 7 months. My youngest keeps me pretty busy, but I also do about an hour a day of curriculum with my daughter so she keeps up, an hour or so of cleaning per day, we go out regularly (park, splash pad, children's museum, library, grocery shopping, etc.), and then I have my hobbies.....knitting and soap making mainly.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)