Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Seriously! Can't take the spanking anymore!

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:26 PM
  • 22 Replies

I am in an area where there aren't many children.  I met a woman who is my age, and her daughter is my son's age (3) AND they are close by (walking distance).  Now, when I first met them at her house, she was yelling at her kid and spanking her in front of me... On the first day!  I tried not to think much of it because it was the first visit - maybe her kid was acting up.  Now, every time we hang out, it is a yelling fest and spanking soiree!  I am NOT against a little yelling or a spanking for something that is deserved, but come on!  After our play date at my house today, my son said to me, "I don't want to play with XYZ anymore.  She is mean and so is her mommy."  I know the advice is going to be clear.  But, there isn't anyone around this area that I am in, so this was a blessing to find someone my age who also has a kid my son's age.  

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mom2priceboys
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:27 PM

discontinue that relationship - your son is seeing things he does not want to!! You will find other friends I promise!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:29 PM

You already know what you're going to hear. Just look into some other way of finding a playmate for your ds and stay away from her if you and ds don't like them.

Anonandon
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:29 PM
2 moms liked this
That's pretty bad when a 3 year old knows better than an adult.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Retrokitty
by Jasmyne on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:29 PM
I'm against spanking at all but when someone spanks multiples times a day that is a huge problem. Especially when yelling too they definitly need some new parenting tequniques.
Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:30 PM
How sad; you know there is a problem when your kid says something about it. Find a new friend; good luck!
Jac817
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:34 PM

I am feeling that this is what I am going to have to do.  Sucks so bad because I thought I found someone normal.

Quoting mom2priceboys:

discontinue that relationship - your son is seeing things he does not want to!! You will find other friends I promise!!

Jac817
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Yes, I knew the response I would get.  Maybe it is what I need to hear.  She is nice to me, but awful to her daughter.  It is just sad.  

Quoting Anonymous:

You already know what you're going to hear. Just look into some other way of finding a playmate for your ds and stay away from her if you and ds don't like them.

Jac817
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:37 PM

The look on my kid's face when the yelling and pinching and grabbing is going on is priceless.  He knows what gets him into trouble.  He doesn't understand why this little girl is getting in trouble for things that are mediocre.  

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

How sad; you know there is a problem when your kid says something about it. Find a new friend; good luck!

Jac817
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:39 PM

I am hoping this isn't a downgrade towards me.  I am the one attempting to make friends with kids that my sons age, in this crazy area that I am in.  Now, you can't just give up after a few play dates.  Now that we have had several, and they are all the same, I know this woman isn't going to change.  

Quoting Anonandon:

That's pretty bad when a 3 year old knows better than an adult.

Jac817
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:41 PM

I 100% agree on the multiple times a day spanking.  I don't understand how she will just hit and spank for the smallest things.  She has even apologized to me for spanking her kid in front of me.  She says, "My kid is being a B* today!"  I am glad I am not like that my kiddo.

Quoting Retrokitty:

I'm against spanking at all but when someone spanks multiples times a day that is a huge problem. Especially when yelling too they definitly need some new parenting tequniques.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)