Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When you go out of town, what do you pack for the kids?

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:36 PM
  • 18 Replies
My Grandad had a procedure a month ago and now hrs not doing well at all, all of the family has been called in.

Normally, I wouldn't be able to go because I have kids and he lives 15 hours away.

My AMAZING SO has offered to watch the kids so I can go down to see him. This is the first time I've ever.left them.

What do you prepare? What do you pack? What do you do? Haha! I'll only be gone 2-3 nights, but I still worry!
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommytoeandb
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:37 PM

I'm confused.  If the kids were staying here, I wouldn't pack them anything.  DH handles it all. 

starlight91
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:40 PM

If Im reading it right, your SO doesnt live with you and the kids are going to his house. But thats backwards, SO should pack a bag and stay at your house with the kids, where they will feel more confortable.

mnmom300
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:40 PM
You don't prepare stuff for them?

Quoting mommytoeandb:

I'm confused.  If the kids were staying here, I wouldn't pack them anything.  DH handles it all. 

Lennyloves
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:41 PM
Clothes, toys that they enjoy but easy to carry, medications, instructions on how to use them, phone contacts, and list of snacks and movies they enjoy.
mnmom300
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:42 PM
I just thought it'd be easier if I had things - like dinners and lunches ready for him. Their clothes picked out, etc....

Quoting starlight91:

If Im reading it right, your SO doesnt live with you and the kids are going to his house. But thats backwards, SO should pack a bag and stay at your house with the kids, where they will feel more confortable.

shabbalaquita
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:42 PM
I don't prepare anything for my kids if I go out of town and leave kids with dh. He knows how to handle things. If he does has an issue I'm only a phone call or txt away.
But I do make sure there is enough food and all clothes are clean and put away... I even leave a schedule of planned meals...Is that what you mean?
alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:42 PM

If they are staying home, why would you prepare anything for them? 

Quoting mnmom300:

Quoting mommytoeandb:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

alexsmomaubrys2
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:44 PM

I think you are over thinking it. If you trust him enough to stay with him then he should be capable of doing all of that for them. 

Quoting mnmom300:

I just thought it'd be easier if I had things - like dinners and lunches ready for him. Their clothes picked out, etc....

Quoting starlight91:

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

wodntulk2kno1
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:44 PM
My dh is capable of figuring out this on his own.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mnmom300
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:44 PM
....because I know where things are and I like to be helpful? Idk. I just thought that's what you do to be appreciate and make it easier.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

If they are staying home, why would you prepare anything for them? 

Quoting mnmom300:

Quoting mommytoeandb:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)