Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My dh says he won't allow me to work

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 192 Replies
3 moms liked this
Not that I would ever even consider it!

Today someone asked my husband what he would do if I decided I wanted to work outside the home. Without missing a beat dh said "well I wouldn't allow that!" Good answer dh :)

In all honesty, it makes me sick to see women choosing to work when they are able to stay home. I've been with my husband for 17 years and not once have I worked in those 17 years. That's how it should be. I look down on a man who doesn't get his stuff together to provide for his woman. My dh didn't even consider dating me until he knew he could provide for me, himself, and at least one future child. We now have 7 that he can provide for :)
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:56 PM
29 moms liked this
I am not my husband's child, so he neither allows nor doesn't allow me to do anything.
MommyBoha
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this
Well, my DH isn't my father, so he cant "allow" me to do, or not do anything. I would feel useless if I didn't work and had no kids at home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyOfTheBest2
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:57 PM
18 moms liked this
I look down on a husband who thinks it's alright to tell his wife what she can and cannot do, to each their own I suppose.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
chalisa0
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:58 PM

My husband would be ok with it now-but only because our youngest is 16 and a straight A student.  If the situation was different in any way, I'm pretty sure he would be adamantly against it.  Not that I have any plans to work anytime soon.

vegaswife2011
by LMAO on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Ditto

Quoting MommyOfTheBest2:

I look down on a husband who thinks it's alright to tell his wife what she can and cannot do, to each their own I suppose.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:59 PM
I'm surely not useless. Dh tells me all the time how he can tell how much hard work i do and how it never goes unnoticed! :) there is a ton of stuff in our lives that always needs to be done!

Quoting MommyBoha:

Well, my DH isn't my father, so he cant "allow" me to do, or not do anything. I would feel useless if I didn't work and had no kids at home.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:59 PM

I agree with you.  Times are tight for us right now, but I feel that me working evenings and weekends to supplement our income would not be good for our family.  My children definitely need me at home with them.  My husband wouldn't like me working but if things got any worse he may be willing to.  I wish he just said "no, I won't allow it".

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:00 PM
7 moms liked this
I wouldn't be with a man who felt I needed his permission to work. I am an ADULT.
csxt99
by Jennifer on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:00 PM
6 moms liked this

Clap, clap, clap, clap.  I'd tear my husband's nuts off if he had the audacity to say he would forbid for me to do something, whether I wanted to do it or not.

KairisMama
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:00 PM
3 moms liked this
This. I couldn't imagine my husband thinking he had that kind of control.

Quoting MommyOfTheBest2:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN