Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My dh says he won't allow me to work

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
Not that I would ever even consider it!

Today someone asked my husband what he would do if I decided I wanted to work outside the home. Without missing a beat dh said "well I wouldn't allow that!" Good answer dh :)

In all honesty, it makes me sick to see women choosing to work when they are able to stay home. I've been with my husband for 17 years and not once have I worked in those 17 years. That's how it should be. I look down on a man who doesn't get his stuff together to provide for his woman. My dh didn't even consider dating me until he knew he could provide for me, himself, and at least one future child. We now have 7 that he can provide for :)
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 7:54 PM
Replies (51-60):
MsRkg
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:13 PM
2 moms liked this
I dare my husband to use the word "allow" or "forbid" or any type of permission based word or statement in regards to me ...I just dare him. He'd never know what hit him. Lol

I also don't believe that a woman's place is in the home. A woman's place is where she wants it to be. If she desires to be more than a wife and a mother, then power to her. Thank god we don't live in the 1950's anymore where women don't have to fit into these cookie cutter roles anymore.
mellienium
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:14 PM
2 moms liked this

all that is fine if your husband and you agree on that arrangement.  and that's great that he can provide for all 7 children.

my mother was a working mom and her earning potential was higher than my dad's earning potential.  why? because my dad ended up working 2 jobs and random side jobs in order to put my mom through nursing school.  I have never looked down upon my dad because in that time he invested in my mothers future and was able to provide for my brother and I.

I have a higher degree than my husband, therefore my earning potential is higher.  it doesn't make DH a bad person at all and it shouldn't be something that's frowned upon.  neither should my choice of wanting to earn a living.  i put myself through school for a reason and i plan on using that, not only to make a living but also to be an example for my son and any future children.

when my son grows up, i'd like for him to be able to provide for his family.  alternatively, i'd like for him to marry a woman who will also be able to provide for the family if in any case something should happen and he cannot.  If DH and I ever have a daughter, I would like for her to also be highly educated and be able to take care of herself and her family as well.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:14 PM
1 mom liked this

who says her husband can't go to a strip club?  mine's a grown man, if he wants to go toss a couple dollars at the ladies, he's welcome to.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well good. When you find out your husband went to a strip club, remember, he is an ADULT. 

He doesnt need your permission. 

Quoting Anonymous:

I wouldn't be with a man who felt I needed his permission to work. I am an ADULT.

I cant stand double standard marriages. 

In my marriage, we BOTH need the 'permission' (for lack of a better word) of the other, for important things. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:15 PM
2 moms liked this
That went right over your head. Lol

Quoting Anonymous:

Why would I ever want to escape my family?! I love my life. I love it. I would never want to do anything else than what I do now. And no we do not wears long plain dresses and buns. Sometimes my girls wear dresses and sometimes they wear shorts. They can wear tank tops too and they can wear their hair up or down.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you wear long, plain dresses and keep your hair in a bun? Are you girl children taught to be submissive. 

You are kind of pathetic....I feel sorry for you. Your husband has some antiquated views. I hope your kids are able to escape your family when the time comes. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Today someone asked my husband what he would do if I decided I wanted to work outside the home. Without missing a beat dh said "well I wouldn't allow that!" Good answer dh :)

In all honesty, it makes me sick to see women choosing to work when they are able to stay home. I've been with my husband for 17 years and not once have I worked in those 17 years. That's how it should be. I look down on a man who doesn't get his stuff together to provide for his woman. My dh didn't even consider dating me until he knew he could provide for me, himself, and at least one future child. We now have 7 that he can provide for :)

Anonymous
1 mom liked this
Whatever works, there is no way I am going to my grave without accomplishing something other than doing laundry and dishes.

I stay home with my kids because my youngest is still a toddler but when he is old enough to go to preschool I'm going to school and then joining the workforce, staying in the house is not for me.

And I couldn't imagine my husband ever saying that I wasn't allowed to do something lol
Anonymous
1 mom liked this
What if you wanted to work?

Quoting Anonymous:

Why would I ever want to escape my family?! I love my life. I love it. I would never want to do anything else than what I do now. And no we do not wears long plain dresses and buns. Sometimes my girls wear dresses and sometimes they wear shorts. They can wear tank tops too and they can wear their hair up or down.

Quoting Anonymous:

Do you wear long, plain dresses and keep your hair in a bun? Are you girl children taught to be submissive. 

You are kind of pathetic....I feel sorry for you. Your husband has some antiquated views. I hope your kids are able to escape your family when the time comes. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this

and I look down on women like you who think you are so much above women who actually LOVE working outside of the home or love working period. 

Remove stick from ass!

kailu1835
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:15 PM
4 moms liked this
Your dh is an ass. I would never marry a man who thought I needed his permission to do anything. The bible sings the praises of a woman who works outside the home and brings in money to help support the family, calling her a virtuous woman. Take a moment to read proverbs sometime.
countrymomma81
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I know my husband would rather me not work but to tell me he wouldn't allow it? He doesn't think that low of me, thank God. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Lol this HAS to be a troll. It's 2013 for goodness sake!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)