Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my mom lost her house :(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

I just need to let this vent out.

my mother has worked her ASS off her whole life. when my dad left her with 4 kids and no options she did everything she had to. She has worked 48 hours a week on her feet since as long as I could remember to support us by herself.

she got hurt 16 years ago but kept working and working. she worked until she got so bad that she had a hole the size of the bottom of a beer bottle on her foot she has so heel bone because infection ate it away(and she still worked on her feet 8 hours aday) she hid it from us. In November 2011, she finally went to the hospital. they discovered she was also hiding an infection on her other leg. i could litterally see her muscle. she had cellulitis. she has been out of work ever sense. shes since had 3 reconstructive surgeries to rebuild her heel and skin graphs for her other leg.

she is such a strong and selfless women. she has sacrificed her whole life for us. being out of work for 18 months she had to pick and choose what bills to pay. her SSI is too high for her to quilify for food stamps(something she has never used before even as a single mother of 4). she still just couldnt catch up. she got a letter stating she has 72 hours to leave. it breaks my heart.

my younger brother is going to be a senior this year so she wants to stay in the same town but there is no apartments in that town. she has 3 dogs(that my brother and sister just "left" there for her to take care of) my oldest sister is helping her pack and organize and I am trying to find her housing. there is a 10 year wait list for section 8 but they said they will mail me a package for other things that could maybe help her. my brothers job is to find a home for the dogs. 1 is our family dog who is on his last leg. I honestly wonder if they took him to the vet if they woud say he would be better off being put down. not that that is something I want he is a part of my family but being that my mom couldnt pay the mortgage the dogs havent been to the vet in years either and you can tell hers in pain. 1 of the dogs is my brothers that he just left when he moved out and the other is my sisters pit that nipped at her baby once so she dropped him off at my moms one day because she didnt want him. I called my brother and asked if he had found them homes and he flipped out on me that he is going to buy her a house and they are staying with her!! i tried to explain that she isnt going to buy a house before she needs to be out and the dogs need a place to go for now. my brother is also a moron and has no money or credit to buy a house.

my mom wont leave until they literally come and kick her out. I keep telling her she and my brother can stay here until she finds an apartment but she doesnt want to be a burden. shes killing me because if she does come I will have to move rooms around to fit her and my brother but they would fit and if she waits until last minute im going to be scrabbling to move things around.

i keep telling her this is a good thing. she can barely walk and has a 6 bedroom house. it is falling apart and she cant fix things herself or afford to hire people. she shouldnt have to worry about the plumbing or snow removal. she should go to an apartment complex that had a handyman on call ready to help her out without her worrying.

vent over

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Mrs.Bryant1201
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Im so sorry.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Bump
ihave1
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Just get that room ready now, so when its the last minute you dont have to deal w/ that.  Sorry to hear about ur mom.  

cbk_mom3
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Wow. That's tough. So sorry all this is happening at once. Hoping for the best for your mom and brother, and for you, as well.

msjaxon
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:29 PM
Just move her stuff to your house. Pride is crazy but she needs you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:09 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Bump
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)