Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She told me she was ready to go today.

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:08 PM
  • 17 Replies
I don't know how I am going to handle my aunt/mom/nanny's death. She told me today she's ready to go and just wants it to be over. She is at hospice now. She has bed sores all over her back and bottom from the nursing home she was in. They are very bad. I am calling the state to review the nursing home in the morning.
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:10 PM
*hugs*
Supervane
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Is she mobile? Or do you suspect neglect?
mattiehatter
by Mary on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:11 PM
Hugs. I work in a nursing home and I would be livid if my people had sores like that.
I_RitShainbows
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:13 PM
She has stage 4 lung cancer and cancer of the hip. She is so frail she HAS to be turned. I am crying and so pissed off.

Quoting Supervane:

Is she mobile? Or do you suspect neglect?

melissacox86
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Im sorry about what you are going through. We had that problem with my grandma.She was only in the nursing 3 months when she passed of a staff infection she got from a bed sore caused by neglect of the nursing home(she had 7 types of staff in the one sore).  Unfortunately here in Texas their is a cap of $250,000 in lawsuits against nursing homes, which is more than what it would have cost to take to court! 

I_RitShainbows
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:17 PM
I have known others that have been in the same one. Ended up getting bad bed sores. I hope this can shape them up or I will be the final call to shut them down.

Quoting melissacox86:

Im sorry about what you are going through. We had that problem with my grandma.She was only in the nursing 3 months when she passed of a staff infection she got from a bed sore caused by neglect of the nursing home(she had 7 types of staff in the one sore).  Unfortunately here in Texas their is a cap of $250,000 in lawsuits against nursing homes, which is more than what it would have cost to take to court! 

susieQ680
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:19 PM

I am sorry (((hugs))) i will say a prayer for her tonight

melissacox86
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Quoting I_RitShainbows:

I have known others that have been in the same one. Ended up getting bad bed sores. I hope this can shape them up or I will be the final call to shut them down.

Quoting melissacox86:

Go after them with everything you can! You dont want them doing this to other people! Good luck momma!
OrangeBalloon
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:22 PM

I am so very sorry. I am glad that you are reporting the nursing home. 

ilovemykids323
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:23 PM

:(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)