Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mirena question, need answers!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies

I've had Mirena for almost 4 years. I don't really have periods except for spotting every now and then. But today, I started bleeding like a normal flow from a period. Does this just randomly happen? I freaked out because I haven't seen this much blood in years. I'm not in pain, and the string is there, so I don't think it has punctured me or anything. Is this just a normal period happening? It sort of freaks me out because I hear of pregnancies happening with this thing in. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aphrodite7400
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:12 PM

i had one also for about 4 years before my husband got a vasectomy.  i never had random bleeding. i never had spotting either.

i did get  a lot of cramps though and cysts in my pelvis. 

Mommy2ETnBM
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:12 PM

I have had it for 3 years, and I have had the same thing as you. Mostly just spotting for periods, but every now and then I get a regular period for a few days. I also took pregnancy tests when it happened, lol. 

susieQ680
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:14 PM

I had normal bleeding. when i had one in but i had to have it taken out because it was hurting me

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:14 PM
You could be miscarrying.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:17 PM

I've never had one before, but wouldn't there be more blood and pain along with it? I don't have any cramping.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:29 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:52 PM
I didn't have cramping or a whole lot of blood when I miscarried. I'm nit trying to scare you, I'm just weighing the possibilities. I had paragard and my periods were always really heavy with that. It could be like the previous posted that had sporadic periods that were heavier.

Quoting Anonymous:

I've never had one before, but wouldn't there be more blood and pain along with it? I don't have any cramping.

Quoting Anonymous:

MrsApple
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:55 PM

It could just be that you're not getting the same amount of hormones since it's getting closer to the experation and that's bringing a period on.

Decemberlov
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:55 PM
when I had it I just spotted for the first 3 yrs usually only lasted 1 day. then ard the 4 yr Mark I started to gradually get my period back and it was still fairly light but would last abt 3 days and I was really crampy. 4 1/2 to 5 and I pretty much had a regular period again.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Well, dang! I liked not having periods!

Quoting Decemberlov:

when I had it I just spotted for the first 3 yrs usually only lasted 1 day. then ard the 4 yr Mark I started to gradually get my period back and it was still fairly light but would last abt 3 days and I was really crampy. 4 1/2 to 5 and I pretty much had a regular period again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)