Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you take your kids to supermarket

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 23 Replies
My son always run through the supermarket and Start to pick up everything and put in the basket. I do more disciplining than shopping so now I have to leave him home.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ff-princess
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:21 PM

my children leave the stuff on the shelves alone.  their hands are busy with the bananas and grapes.

lenashark
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Yes, just about every time. I'm big on solving problems instead of avoiding them. My son wont ever learn how to behave at the store if he never goes to the store. It helps a lot to set a list of expectations. My son is six, so his expectations are simple. He is to have one hand on me or the cart at all times and may not touch anything on the shelves without asking first. Those two rules solve a lot of misbehavior. If he doesn't follow those two rules, we go sit somewhere until he's ready to behave himself. If he behaves, he knows we can have a good trip, I entertain him by asking him to play i spy, I'll ask him to get things from the shelf, to read my list to me, etc. I don't use snacks as distractions, but there are lots of other ways to keep things calm. Sure it was hard at first, but after he got the rules down, everything is smooth sailing.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Sure. I tell them what is expected of them before we even leave, they know that they will get a spanking right then and there along with more punishments at home if they don't behave themselves. Needless to say, they don't misbehave in public. 

Lorena
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:35 PM
I have always taken my kids to the store with us. They have very clear rules and they know that if I am alone we will leave if dh is with they will sit in the van with him and we will not be going out.
honeyrder
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Sometimes. Brendan and I pretend we are going to leave his brother and sister behind and move on to other aisles while they are checking shit out.
Wheepingchree
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:37 PM
All the time! How old is your child?
malibucj
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Yep I take him. If he wants something he asks. But I also no how to say no, if it is not reasonable or above budget.

deputygirls28
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Most of the time they are with me. My 4 year old is awesome though. She never grabs at anything but she will ask if she can get it. She's actually the best grocery shopping buddy I could ask for. She helps remind me of things I forget to put on the list.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LAXmom21
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Only sometimes when they were little. Now never.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shygurl3166
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Always. They usually behave very well. But I won't tolerate bad behavior in public. The worst my 8 yr old does is dance around when he is bored and my 3 yr old will get fussy if we take forever.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)