• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

since when is it a crime...

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:24 PM
  • 4 Replies
1 mom liked this
To like being single?????

Really its bad enough I get shit in real life about it. My family, friends, coworkers, even people I don't know all tell me I need to date again, I am to bitter or young to think the way I do, and more. First off I have been single for over two years and this whole time I've been happier than I had been in years!!!! I'm not bitter, yes I've been abused and cheated on but I don't hate men for it or make guys pay for it. I simply like not dating. I'm 24 and have a 3yr old. I love having just us, I also am very close with my family and help take care of my grandmother who is in hospice ( I'm a nurse) I love being able to come and go as I please, if I want a night out I ask someone to watch my daughter and go, I pick up at work whenever I want, I don't have anyone else to worry about or worry about texting/calling, spending time with, or worrying how they will get along with my daughter and family. Oh and my money is mine, I spend it how I want on my daughter and sometime my self.

Yet because I feel this way in told these things, or how I can't really be as happy as I am. Hell even here on cafemom I'm told this!!! ( though its cafemom why am I surprised) why is it a crime that I'm single??? I have no Desire to date or marry, I mean if I met someone sure ill give them a chance but I'm not looking nor care. I love my life the way it is!!!! If I'm happy why does it matter??

Anyway there's my vent/rant.
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

As much as people love to pretend that they're advanced, they generally can't get past the idea of a happily independant woman. You are incomplete without a partner, your life must be so sad. It doesn't register for them that some people are different when it comes to relationships, and the idea that a woman feels content without having to depend on someone is near unfathomable, and seems almost wrong, to many.

You keep your head up and do your own thing, no matter if it's on your own or with a partner.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:34 PM
1 mom liked this

You are doing awesome.  Focusing on raising your 3 year old is the best thing you could do rather than get into another bad relationship.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Same here..I don't regret being single..just me and my son ..no man drama!

skyelyns_mommie
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:38 PM
Thank you all finally some else gets it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)