Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My daughter is grounded because she failed

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 21 Replies

3 of her classes and lied about it. She is 16 and was about to be a junior (but now she will have at least one extra semester). She also missed out on qualifying for AP classes. She faked grades home to us, she even went as far as asking her older sister to call one of her teacher when my DD skipped homework for 3 weeks and needed to talk to a parent (my older DD refused to). By the time I finally had a word with the teachers it was too late for her to do anything to make it up.

My daughter has always done really good in school so I had no real indicator that she just started slacking. Getting As and Bs was the norm so when she faked it I didn't have a reason to question it. 

I feel like a horrible mother for not knowing sooner but my daughter also did a lot of things wrong. She is grounded for failing the classes, lying to us, and breaking school rules. She is going to have to be starting her in school suspension the first week of classes (because they found out she faked signatures) She was lucky she was not expelled. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:38 PM

They dont put their grades online?

MrsDavidB25
by Stacey on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Wow. I have a 16yo too. I would be furious. I wonder what is going on with her that she would do this all of a sudden if she has always been a good student? Try to find out.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:40 PM

They just started doing that this year. I didnt know about it because she faked my signature on the sign up page and made the login and password herself 

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

They dont put their grades online?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:41 PM

I think a lot of it is that she is just trying to be as lazy as possible and not do her school work. 

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Wow. I have a 16yo too. I would be furious. I wonder what is going on with her that she would do this all of a sudden if she has always been a good student? Try to find out.

PinkX3
by Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:42 PM
How did you not know about this? Did you have no communication with the school?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:44 PM

She faked her "report cards" home and the signatures on all the write ups she got. I should have known but I didnt realized anything had changed 

Quoting PinkX3:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:45 PM

wow.  good luck.   Find out why the slipping in grades and lieing.   Is something going on at school with her?

Logan_Bellasmom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:46 PM

and you dont go to her school website ever to know that? You never talked to any of her teacher....Im sorry sounds like you dropped the ball here.

Quoting Anonymous:

I think a lot of it is that she is just trying to be as lazy as possible and not do her school work. 

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

Photobucket

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:47 PM

I answered this a few back. This year is the first year they did an online grade system. She signed the login sheet and made the login and password I was supposed to make

I didnt even know it existed

and yes I DID drop the ball. I should have tried harder to get in touch but she was doing well (what she was telling me) so i didnt see the point

Quoting Logan_Bellasmom:

and you dont go to her school website ever to know that? You never talked to any of her teacher....Im sorry sounds like you dropped the ball here.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting MrsDavidB25:

WaffleHead
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Is she aware forgery is a federal offense?

Quoting Anonymous:

She faked her "report cards" home and the signatures on all the write ups she got. I should have known but I didnt realized anything had changed 

Quoting PinkX3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)