Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How can they tell me to stop breastfeeding?!

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:41 PM
  • 105 Replies

My family is against me breastfeeding...how can they say that with how well she is doing on breastmilk?? She was 1 month early and only 4lb 8oz when she was born and now look at her! She is over 9lb!

Some of my family has even gone so far as to say "I don't know why she is breastfeeding, she has no boobs!" =O REALLY?!

Breastmilk is SO much healthier, and tastes better, and is more of a bonding experience. Someone said to me like this. Formula vs Breastmilk is like a Frozen Dinner vs Homemade Meal. WHY give her the crappy stuff? Ugh. Bugs me.

I'm NOT saying Formula is inferior or moms who use it are bad moms. Breastmilk is better. Period. That's a known fact. Everyone has their own preference and if they want to formula feed, go for it. And I know there are some who cant BF. So no, I'm not BASHING anyone or anything. I'm stating facts.

by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
UpstateAnnette
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:45 PM
5 moms liked this

You keep on doing what you know is best for  your sweet daughter.  She looks healthy and happy!!   Your daughter's health is more important then other people's selfish (and irrelevant) wants!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:46 PM
2 moms liked this

Breastmilk is best.  End of story.

crumpy_gat
by No. on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Some people are ignorant.
bowribbonmama
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:48 PM
Breast is best. Tell them to eff off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
quickbooksworm
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:48 PM

She's adorable! She's a little chunky and has nice clear skin like most breastfed babies :)

Unfortunately, a lot of people are going to give you unsolicited advice so you need to learn to shut them down.  After it happens a few times, they usually stop.

Teeshann
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:48 PM

i know someone with small breasts who has breastfed 3 children. tell them to go bark at the moon.

your little one is adorable. and keep doing what is best for her and yourself.

Perle1
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:48 PM

It drives me crazy when families don't support breast feeding. I see it all the time. Keep doing what you know to be best. I just don't understand it. Clearly your nonexistent boobs are doing a fine job of nourishing your baby. As I'm sure you know, it's extra important for preemies. To the point the NICU orders donor breastmilk for babies if it's ok w mom and she's not breast feeding.

blue123244
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:49 PM

I Thought you were going to say that she was six years old or something lolol!! what does your family think breasts are for ffs? Your baby is thriving and breast is best!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Pour them a big old cup of shut the fuck up. If that fails to work-send their asses on home.

hautemama83
by Emerald Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Ignore them.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN