Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many of you ladies POLL

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies

Poll

Question: Have you ever been in an abusive relationship?

Options:

Yes, emotional/mental one

Yes, physical one

Yes, verbal one

Yes, All of the above

No I haven't

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 65

View Results

Have been in or are currently in an abussive relationship?

I was in one for a little over a year.  Guy was horrible and actually married to my best friend.  Now before you judge my best friend and I were living to as roommates when we both met this guy.  I slept with him willing once before they got married.  Whenever she would go to work we would hang out and work out together(I was very over weight) and I ended up loosing close to 120lbs.  

Over the year I received a series of emails from my parent expressing their distaste for me and how they didn't want to see me again.. I was so broken down that I became more emersed in my friendship with this man.  I felt like I would never amount to anything other then what he made me and eventually felt so alone.  

This man ended up brainwashing me and raping me repeatedly. I had nowhere to go so I stayed.  He turned me into a stripper and took everything I made, he was basically my pimp.  

About a year into all of this my parents showed up at the door and he said he'd get me.  I went to the door while he stood behind me out of sight and had to tell my parents to leave.  

About a month later I left that house with the help of my now husband and found out that all the emails I received from my parents were fakes.

It has taken me nearly 7 years to acknowledge that this was an abusive relationship and that I was raped.

how did you get out of yours?  Are you still in it?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:09 PM

Bump!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Bump!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Bump!

csxt99
by Jennifer on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:11 PM

I have been both the abused and the abuser.  I went to counseling and learned to deal with my own head problems and how to handle myself so I don't get back into either situation.

TrouserMouse
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:11 PM
You mean an intimate relationship? No, I haven't.

My parents were very abusive though.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Any I guess.

Quoting TrouserMouse:

You mean an intimate relationship? No, I haven't.

My parents were very abusive though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:16 PM
I finally realized I didn't want my son growing up like that seeing it and thinking it was okay. It was so hard bc he was my first love and I didn't think I could do it by myself but here I am :) it's weird tho I almost wait for any guy I'm with to do it, I used to tell my most recent ex why I was so insecure but he'd always tell me that he'd never say I couldn't do better than him because he knew I could and didn't know why I was with him. I think that's why I never fully got over him because he showed me that I WAS worthy of being loved (not the abusive one)
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Thanks for sharing.

Quoting Anonymous:

I finally realized I didn't want my son growing up like that seeing it and thinking it was okay. It was so hard bc he was my first love and I didn't think I could do it by myself but here I am :) it's weird tho I almost wait for any guy I'm with to do it, I used to tell my most recent ex why I was so insecure but he'd always tell me that he'd never say I couldn't do better than him because he knew I could and didn't know why I was with him. I think that's why I never fully got over him because he showed me that I WAS worthy of being loved (not the abusive one)

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Bump!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Bump!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)