Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

(Update) I think the pharmacy shorted me. :/ How do I inform them w/o sounding like I'm trying to get more meds?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 146 Replies

So because of a chronic medical condition, I am prescribed Percocet every month. 30. On a good month I'll have some left over, on a bad month, I may run out early. 

Every time I get a medication from the pharmacy I count them once I get home to make sure they are correct. I just do it out of habit after once receiving my son's medication that he needs daily, only to find that he was 5 short. 

Anyway, I got home & counted my medication. I'm 3 short. 

How do I tell the pharmacy withut sounding like I'm trying to get more out of them? Being three short I'm afraid I may run out before its time to get it filled again, I've actually passed out before because the pain is so intense.  I'm also worried about what if someone in the pharmacy took them? or miscounted? 

-Also- no one has been at my house to take them. Just me and my toddler. And I've been playing with him, theres no way he could have got ahold of them.

Update: Well shit, now I feel like I wish I hadn't called. :/ The guy I spoke to checked my file, said that it showed 30 were given to me. I told him "Well, like I said. I'm not looking to get the other 3 back, I just wanted to inform you in case the machine was off or in case someone is pocketing them." He said, "Ok, we'll I'll make a note of it in your file."                       - __________- 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:21 PM

bump

WillsMOM72
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:22 PM
I'd just let them know. It shouldn't be a big deal.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Damn Jessica! Again? Give it up. He took them. AGAIN!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:24 PM
11 moms liked this

I'd start counting them at the pharmacy, and if they look at you like you're crazy, tell them it's because you've been shorted before.

Moki75
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this

count them before you leave next time.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

lol My name isn't Jessica.... :/ 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd start counting them at the pharmacy, and if they look at you like you're crazy, tell them it's because you've been shorted before.

Looks like thats what I'll have to do. I hope it doesn't happen again. I was just thinking it would suck if it was someone's medicine that they HAD to have, you know, like it could be bad if they missed a dose. KWIM?

luckysevenwow
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:27 PM
If you've been using them for a while and have never made any complaints they will usually give them to you, but as someone suggested the best thing to do is to count them while there.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:28 PM
Sure it isn't. You need to dump his ass. This is ridiculous.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

lol My name isn't Jessica.... :/ 

silverdawn99
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:29 PM
You can't I don't think.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN