Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Half a person

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

Sometimes I feel like I am half of a person. Like part of me is missing. Like I have no real self. I am not passionate about anything. There isn't anything that I just LOVE to do. I have few if any friends (ie. people I would just call up on a regular basis). People don't seem to want to include me in things. I have had the last 2 evenings to myself and don't even have anybody to do anything with. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:21 PM
Hmm. I don't exactly feel like half a person myself, but I know a few people, but maybe ONE talks to me. I don't get it.
Anyway, what do you like to do?
GOBryan
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Many of us go through that sometimes and we just have to rediscover ourselves and reflect on what we want, who we are and what we would like to have. You need to learn positive thinking in order to attract people to you. 

Try meditation which is perfect while you're alone and focus on you and what you want from life. Then you need to execute a plan once you figure things out and before you know it, things will begin to happen. 

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing every time and expecting different results. So do things differently for things to happen. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:26 PM

Thank you. I feel like I go through this a lot. I am a single mom to a little girl and I love her to death but everything I do I do for/with her. I don't have any help taking care of her so in everything I do I must think of her as well. Before I had her I was occasionally going out with people and stuff. I don't do that now because of her and because I don't have any money. I don't even know what to talk about with people. I either talk about work or her. Boring I know. 

Quoting GOBryan:

Many of us go through that sometimes and we just have to rediscover ourselves and reflect on what we want, who we are and what we would like to have. You need to learn positive thinking in order to attract people to you. 

Try meditation which is perfect while you're alone and focus on you and what you want from life. Then you need to execute a plan once you figure things out and before you know it, things will begin to happen. 

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing every time and expecting different results. So do things differently for things to happen. 

GOBryan
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:37 PM

You need to find yourself again. Take time for you. You don't have to do anything expensive to do this. When I was at that point, I chose to sit down and write my thoughts down in the form of poems. I also wrote a couple of books. I read alot. I meditated. I drew. I made jewelry. 

Every now and then, I look for stuff that can be helpful on Youtube. I learned to make jewelry through there. There is everything on Youtube. 

Sometimes, you just need to turn the tv off and relax. Think. Breath. Heal. Put some soft music on and relax. You'd be amazed how things just come to you. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Thank you. I feel like I go through this a lot. I am a single mom to a little girl and I love her to death but everything I do I do for/with her. I don't have any help taking care of her so in everything I do I must think of her as well. Before I had her I was occasionally going out with people and stuff. I don't do that now because of her and because I don't have any money. I don't even know what to talk about with people. I either talk about work or her. Boring I know. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:42 PM
Bump
svolkov
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:44 PM
I have that problem here with friends. I thinj its because so few people in your lide click to be amazing friendsm I have like two.
Punchyobuns
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:45 PM

I felt that way before I had my daughter. I never had big hopes or dreams like everyone else did. I didn't have passions or interests like people are supposed to. Then it all clicked when I had my lil girl. You just still haven't found your passion, and that's NOT unusual, no matter what anyone says.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)