Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

She won't let me come over

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 55 Replies

I just moved into a new area. My kids made friends with a little boy up the street. I walked up there and introduced myself to the mom. She seemed nice if a little chatty. She gave me her whole life story in one sitting. Her husband came home and she went inside. He started talking to me and asked about my kids' heritage. I noticed he kept staring at me even when he was talking to his son. Over the next few days I came over and chatted with the mom. It was nice to make a mommy friend. Every time her husband came home he would stay outside to talk to me while she made dinner. 
I noticed the little boy was outside playing by himself. Usually his mom is out there with him. I came over and asked if his mom was alright because she told me she had a medical condition and he told me his mom was laying down cause she wasn't feeling well. His dad pulled up and I told him that his wife could always let their son come to my house when she wasn't feeling well. Then I went home.
Today her husband offer to buy me some ice cream and I said no thanks. (We were all at the ice cream truck) She pulled me to the side and said she saw me talking to her husband. I told her that I was concerned about her and told him when ever she wanted her son can come to my house. She told me to stay away from her husband because she didn't feel like fighting another woman for her man. That he use to just come home and sit on the couch and now he stayed outside to talk to me and I was asking for trouble by the way I dressed. I looked at her dumbfounded and reminded her that I was married with children. She said my kids could still come over but not me. 
I am really surprised by this. I mean every time I talked to her husband it was about her or their kid. 
I asked my dh if I dressed slutty or something and he said no but I did just have a baby recently so my breasts look like they were gonna explode out of my tops. 
 I won't let my kids go to a house that I was not allow to go too but I don't want to lose their new friend.

Any advice?

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
WaffleHead
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol.
I laughed at this. That's all I have. Sorry
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:28 PM
4 moms liked this
Stay away from all of them. She is looking for trouble.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:31 PM

I am trying to find a way to tell my kids gently that they cannot go to their friends house because their mom is paranoid.

Quoting WaffleHead:

Lol.
I laughed at this. That's all I have. Sorry

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:32 PM

I feel sorry for our kids because they get a long so nicely and I wanted my kids to have friends when they started in a new school. KWIM?

Quoting Anonymous:

Stay away from all of them. She is looking for trouble.

susieQ680
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:34 PM

humm i wouldn't wanta deal with te drama

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:35 PM

I hate drama

Quoting susieQ680:

humm i wouldn't wanta deal with te drama

Eyelashes23
by Silver Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:37 PM
Wow that's crazy. I wouldn't want my kids playing with her kids and she's the type that won't change
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this
There will be other friends plus life is better without drama so the kids will be happier in the long run.
justandi
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:37 PM
1 mom liked this

Sometimes it's hard to make new friends when they are married. When (if) i make a new friend i try not to even make eye contract with their husbands. It's a great rule of thumb. You should never even pursue a genuine friendship with the husband of a friends. Hi and Bye will be your best bet dear! Good luck

CountryStrong84
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:40 PM
find other things for your kid to do for a little while. maybe he will get used to not playing with the other kid. that woman sounds pyscho and her husband seems like a scum bag.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)