Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

My son said it "isn't a good idea to loan you money"

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 35 Replies
My son moved down here with his Gf and dd. They showed up at our house with nothing except what they could fit in their car and loved off of us for nearly 3 months rent free.

The other day I was over there, I left my purse in the living room and I believe my sons Gf took 50 dollars.

I didn't mention it though because I had no way to prove it and didn't want to start anything. So I forgave her and went on with my life. The weekend came and we were all supposed to leave for vacation. I knew DS had work so they wouldn't drive down until later in the week. The end of the week comes and they never show up because of some class he said he had to take(which I later found out was a lie). The reason they didn't come is because DS's Gf supposedly thinks my Sdd doesn't like her. Which I don't think is true. SDD is just interested in different things. DS's Gf is almost the same age as SDD but she has a baby and no college education while SDD goes to college and just hangs out with friends. They're just at 2 different places in life.

Well anyway, I tell them I'm upset that GDD didn't get to spend time with us on the beach. And how much I missed her and looked forward to seeing her. Turns out they drove her to Rhode Island to stay with her other grandparents all week! I was very very upset. I told them I would have taken GDD all week and they had time to drive that LONG ride but not 2 hours to where I was? I felt like it was done to spite me because DS does that all of the time.

Then today comes. Our lawn mower has been broke so when I saw a small business doing landscaping for our neighbors I asked if they could just cut my grass. For 20 bucks, the man agreed. I soon realized I didn't have any cash on me so I called DS and asked if I could borrow 20 dollars just until DH gets home from work. You know what DS said? "Well I don't think loaning you money is a good idea"

WHAT?! We let him leave her for 3 months rent free, I provide FREE child care for GDD several times a week, I do their laundry ALL the time, I've driven him to job interviews, I let them come over to get on my computer....and he doesn't think it's a good idea to loan me 20 dollars?! I am furious over how rude he was being. It's not the money, I drove to the ATM and got money. It's the fact that he had the money but wanted to spite me once again.

I'm just so tired of it. Oh and no I don't owe him any money. I've borrowed 20 here and there in the past but I paid it back within the week! It has been a very long time since I asked him to loan me anything.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Sorry it got so long!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Bump!
Mommy2b2many
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:09 PM
Why doesn't he think it's a good idea? Either way.... that was really rude! It's 20 bucks... unless he is completely broke I don't see a reason why he couldn't give you $20; especially if he's staying with you rent free
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:13 PM
He's not living here anymore. He lives a few houses down so that's why I asked him. I felt so wrong having to leave the guy at my house while I went to the ATM to get money out.

But he gave me no reason. He just said it wasn't a good idea. If he didn't have it, fine but he just got his tip shares from his job today so I know he had cash on him. And it's not as if i wasn't going to pay him back for days..dh was going to pay him in just a few hours!

Quoting Mommy2b2many:

Why doesn't he think it's a good idea? Either way.... that was really rude! It's 20 bucks... unless he is completely broke I don't see a reason why he couldn't give you $20; especially if he's staying with you rent free
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:13 PM
7 moms liked this

I'd be putting an instant halt to the free child care, rides, laundry, et cetera.  Not over the $20, but it sounds like your ds is a spiteful brat.  Stop rewarding his piss-poor behavior.  

TaughtTot
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:16 PM

If I had the money and my mom ever needed it I'd give it to her and not even ask for it back.  Even if I was broke, although my mom makes 6figures on her own I doubt it'd happen, but even if I was broke I'd still give it to her and figure out a way to get it back some other way if she couldn't pay back

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Oh I am! They have one car so I would always help one get to work but no more. I will watch GDD solely because I know they would get one of their friends to do it for free or very low price and I don't trust them at all! I won't be doing their laundry either. They can go to the laundry mat like anyone else who doesn't have a washer and dryer.

You are so right about his behavior. I'm really not upset about the money but its how he treats me constantly and I'm not putting up with that!

Quoting Anonymous:

I'd be putting an instant halt to the free child care, rides, laundry, et cetera.  Not over the $20, but it sounds like your ds is a spiteful brat.  Stop rewarding his piss-poor behavior.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:17 PM
That's very sweet of you. I would do the same for my mom too.

Quoting TaughtTot:

If I had the money and my mom ever needed it I'd give it to her and not even ask for it back.  Even if I was broke, although my mom makes 6figures on her own I doubt it'd happen, but even if I was broke I'd still give it to her and figure out a way to get it back some other way if she couldn't pay back

ajdahd13
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:20 PM
Kick their asses out. Wow.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:21 PM
They don't live with me anymore. They live in the apartments just a few doors down so that's why I thought to ask him instead of having to drive all the way to the bank.

Quoting ajdahd13:

Kick their asses out. Wow.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN