Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this normal post visitation attitude or something more??

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 10 Replies

SD 8 spent her CO'ed time with BM for 4 weeks (Dh is primary). She came home yesterday. She has had a lack of  ANY attitude ever since (IN A BAD WAY). Examples:

While she was away we bought some brand new justice clothes (which she never gets due to the expense) - she didnt even look at them or want to try them on.. I had to MAKE HER try them on to see what fit, and she whined about it

Brand new earrings- she wouldnt even put them up

we went clothes shopping- she wouldnt even look just kept hufifing and asking if we could go yet

brand new tablet for her bday- she is leaving it laying around like nothing, and we had to force a thank you.

I said a friend could stay the night and so 2 came over. I checked with one mom, who said it was OK, and I told the other little girl, maybe next time, SD kept on with

"Well, cant we just ask" - I said "No"

"Why not"- "becuse I said so"

S"Whatever"

Im not sure what to do about any of this... thoughts, suggestions?? anything??

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Let her dad handle it, you are the stepmom, so nothing. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:44 PM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Id rather this not become about that.... what do u think SHOULD BE DONE?by either party

Quoting Anonymous:

Let her dad handle it, you are the stepmom, so nothing. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:46 PM

bump

la-cosa-nostra
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Find out if something is bothering her. Maybe something happened and she's depressed. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:47 PM

For starters I wouldn't be letting her friend stay over at all. And when she asks why - I would tell her that because she wouldn't stop asking about a 2nd friend. I would take away the new things that she has whined/not appreciated and make her earn them back. If she wants to have a bad attitude then she shouldn't be getting any special extras.

TCup18
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:47 PM
Maybe something happened at her mom's. Did you or your DH ask her about the visit?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:51 PM

She said it was "fine" , but thats what she always says. truth is BM is in a bad way right now and SD is forbidden from talking about up there. BM is staying with her Boyfriends family and all of the children are sleeping on the floor, and have been cut down to 1 meal and a snack a day... sad. But we have called CPS and they found nothing wrong. All that info I got from previous visits

Quoting TCup18:

Maybe something happened at her mom's. Did you or your DH ask her about the visit?

TCup18
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:53 PM
I honestly would just try to talk to her and give her time. Of this isn't her normal attitude I wouldn't worry about it to much. It might just take some time for her to get back to normal.

Quoting Anonymous:

She said it was "fine" , but thats what she always says. truth is BM is in a bad way right now and SD is forbidden from talking about up there. BM is staying with her Boyfriends family and all of the children are sleeping on the floor, and have been cut down to 1 meal and a snack a day... sad. But we have called CPS and they found nothing wrong. All that info I got from previous visits

Quoting TCup18:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Sounds like a lot of activity. Maybe she needed a chance to unwind and get back into the swing of things at home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)