Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you think this is a boy?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 27 Replies
If so, how sure are you?

I had this done yesterday. I'm measuring at 18 weeks... First ultrasound I was told girl 99%. Yesterday was told boy... As you can see there is a clearly a penis looking nub. The tech said she isn't 100% sure its a boy though. She'd like to wait a little longer before absolutely confirming.
This has me so confused. Its tough because I thought it was a girl for a while so I established a bond with what I thought was a girl. Now I'm trying to wrap my head around this news which is completely ironic because I wanted a boy so badly!! Lol
I'm almost sure this is a boy but I'd like you guys to tell me what you think. A friend of mine said that her ultrasound tech flip flopped a lot through out her pregnancy. At first it was girl, then boy, then girl. She said her second ultrasound photos look extremely similar to mine. She ended up having a girl. My MIL think it could be that the labia is still swollen lol.. I honestly don't know what to think. I'm leaning more towards boy but I have no idea what to look for. Help?
--Also... If you can please post a photo of your ultrasound at or around 18 weeks. I'd like to compare--

*Pic in reply*
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Pic? Am I missing it?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Mobile Photo

Here it is. 18 weeks
Ilaynasmommy
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Pic?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:47 PM
In reply :) sorry

Quoting proudmommy690:

Pic? Am I missing it?
Ilaynasmommy
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Sorry. Ok I think its a boy. Ill try to add a pic of ds ultrasound. It was at 21 wks.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:48 PM
In reply

Quoting Ilaynasmommy:

Pic?
proudmommy690
by Ruby Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Honestly, normally I am good at ultrasound pics..but I don't know what I'm looking at :( I see the pointer pointing at what they say is the penis, but everything around it looks weird. I have no idea.

Quoting Anonymous:

Mobile Photo

Here it is. 18 weeks
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:49 PM
Boy
SSweetcupcake
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Boy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MooseMomma
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 9:50 PM

lol @ the tech writing weenie on the picture. This is my son's gender shot, but it was much later in my pregnancy (like 30 weeks or so - we originally weren't going to find out lol).

[BBC=mrscorbin924]

pregnancy

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)