• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Bottle Babies

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 7 Replies

Is bottle feeding that big of a no-no? I breastfed until my supply ran out which was 4-5 months. My son is of perfect health and has never had a problem with formula. He LOVESSSS it. 

He's not fat. He's perfect. 

Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
svolkov
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Of course its not that bad Glad he got several months of bm and is doing so well!
la-cosa-nostra
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:04 PM
1 mom liked this

Who cares? As long as they are eating, I bottle fed and neither of my babies were fat and are both extremely healthy now at 6 and 3. 

Godgaveme4
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:04 PM
We're you feeding and nourishing your baby? If yes, then you are doing great.
Ilaynasmommy
by Gold Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:08 PM
Oooh don't post this in the bf group.

I bf dd for 3 weeks. My roommates made it uncomfortable and I wouldn't have even thought about bfing in public.

Ds will be 4 months next month. He gets mostly formula. I nurse at least once a day. I work 60-70 hrs a week. I tried pumping but it just wasn't possible more often than every 5 hours then I got too busy. I hope we continue with our nursing sessions but formula isn't horrible. I don't get why they call it a level 4 and say its so dangerous.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:10 PM
It's no ones business to judge that. I breastfeed but there's no way to know if I will be able to as long as I want or not. It's important the child is fed and healthy, not how he or she is fed.
TheDoctorsWife
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Bottle feeding is fine.
Mrs.Pedro
by Platinum Member on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:49 PM
Of course it's not bad. I don't know anyone who has ever said that. Maybe that it could cause problems for babies who are breast fed(nipple confusion and flow preference). But not BAD. Bm is better nutritionally speaking, but ff won't kill them 99% of the time. It COULD be a risk to increase chances of teen/adult obesity, but so many other things can lead to it too and it's not definite.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)