Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am SO mad!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies
1 mom liked this
I got ds a castle bed with a slide for Christmas and it started falling apart a month later! The slide fell off so they sent me a new slide, I told them it was the bar that attached the slide to the bed! I let it go and just kept the slide off. It squeaks, the screws constantly come out. I can't afford a new one and was so excited this one was only 200! I call yesterday that the bed seems unsafe and they say they'll send me a manual to order the new parts. Oh and I got it with ripped curtains but in order for new curtains I needed to bring the whole bed back! Not happening bc it took hours to put together.

Well yesterday ds is sleeping and the rail part fell off so he fell off the bed! I'm so aggravated, I have to find the receipt, take pics and submit a warranty claim to see *if* they'll replace it.
Posted by Anonymous on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:03 PM

If you felt it was unsafe and let him sleep in it anyway, it's probably your fault.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:06 PM
I didn't think the whole rail would fall off!

Quoting Anonymous:

If you felt it was unsafe and let him sleep in it anyway, it's probably your fault.

LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I would call and complain and make them come get the death trap and I would demand a refund. Where did you get it from?

Idntreallycare
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Honestly, the bed sounded defective way before the rail fell off.... why continue to put him in a defective bed?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:15 PM
I ordered it at Walmart, it was always sold out so I thought it was a good bed. It's from dorel so I have to go through them but it's supposed to have a year warranty

Quoting LizzieAnnesMom:

I would call and complain and make them come get the death trap and I would demand a refund. Where did you get it from?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:18 PM
The 2 times I've called they just sent me parts, I couldn't afford a new bed it took me a year to save up for that one

Quoting Idntreallycare:

Honestly, the bed sounded defective way before the rail fell off.... why continue to put him in a defective bed?

Idntreallycare
by on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:21 PM

but you could have also taken the bed apart and returned it, hoping for a non-defective one, correct? 

I hope your child wasn't hurt

The 2 times I've called they just sent me parts, I couldn't afford a new bed it took me a year to save up for that one

Quoting Idntreallycare:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jul. 24, 2013 at 10:28 PM
No they just kept offering parts since I called after 30 days. The first call right away was the curtains but those weren't a big deal, he's fine it just scared him. He's getting a new bed tomorrow I finally found one for 50 on Craigslist lol no more up high beds for him

Quoting Idntreallycare:

but you could have also taken the bed apart and returned it, hoping for a non-defective one, correct? 

I hope your child wasn't hurt

Quoting Idntreallycare:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)